Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Tomtom one V3 keeps rebooting at random
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Tomtom one V3 keeps rebooting at random
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
neph
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Connected my One 3rd to the HOME update and its downloading a new version of the application.

nice Surprised
alanchown
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

neph wrote:
Connected my One 3rd to the HOME update and its downloading a new version of the application.

nice Surprised

I can't update-getting error code 220-is it just me?

Alan
alanchown
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alanchown wrote:
neph wrote:

nice Surprised

I can't update-getting error code 220-is it just me?

Alan

It was OK after a reboot, so I have now uploaded. I think one or 2 things have changed, the 'Clear Route' button is in a different position.

Alan
TTOV3
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

got the update this morning - from 7.101 to 7.131

details on TT details page
Q - what's new
A - minor improvements

hmm that gives a lot of hope for a fix to this thread, i would say it needs to be reclassed as major if it does work

i did a return trip last week, 36m e/w - it rebooted 4 times on the way up and 3 times on the way back, i didn't note the positions at which it happened bc i was more concerned about the road ahead - anyway im off later to do the exact same route, any improvement on 7 reboots in 70 miles will be an improvement, i'll let you all know

TTOV3...
SAFC2403
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I picked one of these yesterday and it worked fine and I was initially very impressed by it. Driving home from work tonight and about 30 mins into a 40 min drive it rebooted itself. Have since come in and updated it but I have noticed a very high pitched whine when it is switched on. Is this normal(this is my first dedicated sat nav) or a sign of bad things to come??
TTOV3
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TTOV3 wrote:
got the update this morning - from 7.101 to 7.131

any improvement on 7 reboots in 70 miles will be an improvement, i'll let you all know

there and back and not one reboot Smile

7.131 - could it be magic - 3 cheers for TT Very Happy

TTOV3...
kiwi69
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SAFC2403 wrote -
Quote:
Have since come in and updated it but I have noticed a very high pitched whine when it is switched on. Is this normal(this is my first dedicated sat nav) or a sign of bad things to come??

My last one started to buzz/whine, which was the final straw, after the rebooting etc. When an item starts to make those noises its never a good thing. Change it for another one before the 28 days are up! Wink
slimjim
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:52 pm    Post subject: Rebooting Reply with quote

Hi All

Just out of interest ur not running the tomtom safety cameras and the pocket gpsworld safety cameras as well?
Mine kept on rebooting now and then and I thought possibly the two databases were conflicting.
Anyway I disabled the tomtom speed cameras and no more problems!
Just a thought Wink

Last edited by slimjim on Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
slimjim
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:59 pm    Post subject: Rebooting Reply with quote

delph2 wrote:
Same problem here.

Got a TT at the weekend.

Yesterday it hung up half way through speaking directions, and rebooted (with those drums arghhh), then froze again on my next journey.

This morning it was looking ok until, when I stopped at a junction and tapped the screen it hung up yet again.

The journeys were only 30 minutes or so, which does not inspire confidence for longer journeys.

So do we have a couple of faulty units or is there a more general problem.

Do these things have a error log anywhere?

Hi and I'm hoping I got this msg in the right place!

R u running the tomtom safety camera database as well as this camera safety database from gpsworld?
I found I had the same problem until I disabled the tomtom safety camera database and then no more probs Wink
I hoe this helps.
regards Mark
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 3:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Rebooting Reply with quote

slimjim wrote:
I thought possibly the two databases were conflicting.

It's not that they were conflicting, just that that version of software didn't seem to like their own camera data.
slimjim
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Rebooting Reply with quote

Andy_P2002 wrote:
slimjim wrote:
I thought possibly the two databases were conflicting.

It's not that they were conflicting, just that that version of software didn't seem to like their own camera data.

Oh, I only mentioned it has mine was fine until I added pocketGPSworld safety cameras. I then disabled tomtom's version and it behaved itself Very Happy
Running both at the same time and both are warning you of a safety camera causes the problem? Confused
SAFC2403
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kiwi69 wrote:
SAFC2403 wrote -
Quote:
Have since come in and updated it but I have noticed a very high pitched whine when it is switched on. Is this normal(this is my first dedicated sat nav) or a sign of bad things to come??

My last one started to buzz/whine, which was the final straw, after the rebooting etc. When an item starts to make those noises its never a good thing. Change it for another one before the 28 days are up! Wink

So it's not normal then?? Still well within the 28 days so might take it back. not good really - it has rebooted once so far but hasn't done it since.
p19741974
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:31 pm    Post subject: V3 update Reply with quote

Well i deleted the tomtom camera poi files that were installed on the unit 2 weeks ago.

I can now report that i have had no reboots and that i have not updated the software via home.

Hope this is of help to anyone

Paul
spcdust
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:00 am    Post subject: Re: V3 update Reply with quote

p19741974 wrote:
Well i deleted the tomtom camera poi files that were installed on the unit 2 weeks ago.

I can now report that i have had no reboots and that i have not updated the software via home.

Hope this is of help to anyone

Paul

Join the club - did the same thing a few weeks back and haven't had one reboot. I can also confirm I have successfully updated the Tom Tom application to 7.131, installed multiple POI's (including the speed zoned pocketgpsworld speed cameras), activated Map Share, installed the custom menu detailed in mikealder's review, all with no ill effects.

It's now the excellent unit I hoped it would be.

spcdust
macman_123
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:12 am    Post subject: Re: TT customer support reply Reply with quote

macman_123 wrote:
Guy at support told me there is a software update in the test stage which will be released as soon as possible. No exact date, as testing may show up some other problems, but will be in a short time frame. Update will be available via TT Home.

Just to say that the updated software 7.131 seems to have completely fixed my One 3rd Edition. On long trips I have so far had no problems with the route being lost and resets.

Looks to me like TT read this forum Embarassed

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 11 of 12

Jump to: