Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Another GO 720 fault.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Another GO 720 fault.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
box2k2
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I posted the 7.020 update has become available.

Installed ok, but as I'm overseas I can't really test it.

Fingers crossed for Friday and the drive home.

Otherwise I think its time do a Dennis, video it having a 'mare, then return it for a refund, a TT One, BT headset and a pint or two with the spare cash Smile
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, #5 is now on charge for the night. I've spent the last three hours getting it all to GO - so much for my boast that I'd have it sorted in about 30 minutes!! I have at last got Home v2.0.0.370 and Device App v7.020. I do get to operate the GO720 in TT Home. I have managed (with tremendous effort) to copy my phone book from my phone. My own design of cursors, installed for the very first time on any GO720, are rubbish so off they've gone! I haven't got time to install pgpsw cameras tonight - but I've deleted all the TT ones.

Tomorrow will see how it all gets on.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
box2k2
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dennis,

Any luck with #5?

Mine still seems to be playing up. I'm trying resetting the bluetooth connections and a factory defaults, but I'm not hopeful Sad
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far, so good. All working fine and clear. Of course, I had a nightmare from downloading Home 2.1.1.106, but that's about par for the course isn't it? I mean, if my count is correct, we're now on our 4th App version and our sixth (probably at least) Home since the 720 came out. And I lost all my spoken warnings the other day after being connected to the PC. You could understand Bill Gates wanting to buy the company for its experienced user test base!!

I'm getting Mapshare stuff. And both 720 and 710 work with Home 2.1.1.106. And I've got another addition to my "wallpaper" (blue-tacked on the wall behind the PC) with my latest email address and password for TomTom (it's getting real tatty now with on/off so regularly for updates). Plus, I don't bother with mp3s (I did once, just to show Vera what a smarty pants I am, then dumped them again) or TT Plus services, or the TT POIs - why does anybody want to get involved in that can of worms, don't they jigger up your POI count or something? Why would I want to find a doctor in Belgium anyway.

I'm looking forward to the day when TomTom invent the good old reliable GO300 with Bluetooth and phone FM output, Mapshare updates/changes for a zillion change types and speech recognition for ALL its functions. Shocked

Edited by DennisN in blue entry which originally said I was getting Mapshare for both 720 and 710.

DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, Nooooooo!! Number five started the da da da da da da mid phone call today! I recorded it on my mobile phone in the absence of my video camera, but it's a bit sad it's in the Nokia .amr format which doesn't seem to work with Audacity for me to convert to .wav or something (I grabbed it from the phone using Bluetooth transfer). It does play with Quicktime, but I haven't got a version of Quicktime which allows "file save as" to convert it. I'll give it a few days to see if it repeats and if it does, number 5 will be seeing Halfords again (with me playing the recording back from my phone. Crying or Very sad

xda
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dennis if I remember correctly Realplayer will read & play .arm and allow them to be saved to .wav
Map: Europe V910.4892
Map: Europe_Truck V870.3421, Kingston 8GB SD
Nokia 925 Windows 8
HummerUK
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:55 am    Post subject: Nokia 6230i Phonebook Download Fails Reply with quote

With my Nokia 6230i I had the problem once where my 520 would not complete the download of phone book.

I even restored the files in the contacts folder which gave me contacts but after asking for the phone book download I was in the same state.

Guess what, a power cycle of my Nokia phone fixed the problem Smile

HummerUK
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Nokia 6230i Phonebook Download Fails Reply with quote

HummerUK wrote:
Guess what, a power cycle of my Nokia phone fixed the problem Smile
Interesting/useful, thank you. In my case, because it's my business lifeline, I never switch off my phone except when compelled to do so, e.g when delivering into a hospital or other place where they are banned. So I'd have never thought of that one.

deltaone
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It happens with the 920T too.

Sad

Thanks to Andy_P2002 for directing me to this thread.

While spending many hours per day on the phone, its a daily event for me, normally turning the unit off and back on cures it, only had to hard reset twice so far.

As this seems to affect many of the units out here, is it likely to be worth keep swapping them? Seems as if TomTom do not know what's causing it, and its a matter of luck whether yours does this or not?

The post about the sound module crashing seems to have hit the nail on the head, I cannot think why else the unit would repeat the last half-second of sound?
bigfoot47
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank god i am not alone, this sound problem has cropped occassionaly up from day one on mine using bluetooth handsfree. It appears to happen less when 720 is connected by car charger than with internal battery. Sound just constantly loops last thing played, cannot switch it off or anything. After 45 seconds of racket shuts down on its own and then starts up as if it has been reset. Might be my imagination but its seems to do it more when internal battery is not at full charge (even when on car charger at the time) Posted question to support as part of another query and got nothing back from Tom Tom at all. When it first happened when on internal battery on 80% charge the battery pic came up before it eventually shut down, took a search of the 720 using the pc for every .jpg/bitmap to figure out what the screen was as i could not find any info on Tom Tom site.
Do not know what to do now ditch it or keep it as handsfree was the big selling point for me

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: