Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Nokia 6110 Navigator
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Nokia 6110 Navigator
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
astrocompass
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all for the views and comments - Rami, that was a comprehensive set of comments that I found very helpful, especially in relation to loading the camera database (checked out the sites, and just downloaded the latest version of POIEdit in anticipation).

Matchstick, thanks for the input, I'd already picked up on the Viewranger possibilities, and that's definitely one for the future.

I'm away for a short while after this weekend, but if anyone has any suggestions regarding a UK supplier for a sim-free 6110, I'd be glad to take it on board when I get back. Can't wait now.... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Aren't these forums wonderful? Thanks, PGPSW guys. Would have been more of a gamble without you...

astro
idiot
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought mine from expansys.com, not the cheapest but have always bought from them,I like the 6110 though will be keeping the TT One 3rd edition just incase I don't get on with the phone.

My last experience with sat nav on a phone was the SPV C500 and I was'nt too impressed - will report back on the 6110 soon.
ian_mxyz
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:59 am    Post subject: Safety cameras Reply with quote

I bought the safety camera POI from the Route66 shop for €10 and it seems to work fine. It appears to be able to download updates automatically at an interval you can choose. There are a few new ones near me so I will see if they appear. It doesn't appear to be a subscription, so whether I am entitled to free updates or not I don't know. The cost seemed minor compared to the penalty if you get caught so I didn't worry too much.

Otherwise the system works well, if you press '5' when using the navigation software you can see the satellite status, and move around indoors to see if you get an adequate signal for a fix. I find leaving the phone on a window cill usually works.

The vodafone shop I got mine in, free on a new £30/month contract, threw in a screen mount and a car charger, also they unlocked the phone for me so I used it on my old Orange contract until the number transfer came through. I was surprised that they unlocked it though, useful when I go abroad and want to use a local SIM.

I would like to use Europe maps, the Route 66 ones are a pain as they are country by country, so you can't route from one country to another. Anyone have experience of the other options, e.g Navicore?
astrocompass
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK guys, I've been and gone and done it. Ordered from Expansys, delivered precisely according to schedule (good service).

Opened the box, all present and correct, battery charged in about an hour and a half (bit different from the old days when it took 24 hrs Evil or Very Mad )

Tried out the Satnav - time to very first fix was about 3 1/2 mins, and has subsequently varied in different locations from 20 secs to about 2 mins. Not wonderful, but acceptable.

Nokia menu structures quite convoluted in comparison with Sony Ericsson, but ring volume much better.

Will try out the satnav in earnest once I can get a car charger (IMHO, should be part of the package) and report back.

Thanks again for all the advice - really appreciate it.

Astro
idiot
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

astrocompass don't forget you have 21 days to change your mind,that's what is nice about expansys.
astrocompass
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aha! Didn't know that Embarassed - that's definitely a nice-to-have. Thanks for pointing it out.

Think I'm likely to keep it though......

astro

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: