Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Tomtom one V3 keeps rebooting at random
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Tomtom one V3 keeps rebooting at random
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gilesjuk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stiggy_sawdust wrote:
So TomTom is suffering from stress?
Now it knows how we felt using maps and A to Zeds.

It does seem to have a fit and then recover later Laughing Out Loud.

This unit is the first to have internal memory? the SD driver was probably tried and tested, so it could be related to flash memory access?
spcdust
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="stiggy_sawdust"]
stiggy_sawdust wrote:

Well, I don't believe it!!!
TT has now worked perfectly for 3 days, roughly 7/8 hours a day without a fault. I have also gone back to my favourite Joanna Lumley voice
So is it because I deleted the TT cameras, or that I have not marked any map alterations, or have TT downloaded a fix when I connected to Home2 the other day. (There was an unidentified item downloaded)

I am now starting to get my confidence back in my TT device.
Hope it keeps on working. I will now commence using Mapshare. Hope this does not screw it up.
Will let you know.

So your Tom Tom has worked with planned routes programmed into it for 7/8 hours (not just switched on but actually plotting a route i.e. doing what it's designed to do)? If so that's very encouraging.

Is the evidence pointing more and more towards the TT camera database files causing some sort of issues or is that a bit premature?

spcdust
gilesjuk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine messed up without any updates at all applied, I had a few POI enabled, that's all.

The cure is the updated software, might as well wait for it.
stiggy_sawdust
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK my little Satnav friend, just because I told everyone you were dyslexic, there was no need to turn of all the camera warnings!!!!
Just need "Chucky's voice and the nightmare will be complete.

I suddenly noticed that I wasn't getting any camera warnings. (Working perfectly yesterday) Had to go into "warn when near a POI" menu and re enable all the cameras.
Just when I thought everything was as it should be. Otherwise no crashes or reboots again today.
spcdust
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Stiggy

Have you got the pocketgpsworld camera database files on your Tom Tom and/or the Tom Tom ones (can't remember if you mentioned this earlier in the thread.

I've removed the Tom Tom ones and any other additional POI's (Enjoy England) and apparently my partner has been driving around a fair bit today with no crashes (we're talking Tom Tom crashes not the vehicular ones Wink). If you've got the pocketgps ones definitely working smoothly then I'll pay my subs and install them.

spcdust
percymon
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep going guys - yo are doing a grand job of finding the root cause, and hopefully TomTom will sort it.

In the meantime i've bought a One XL this afternoon - £159 delivered tomorrow - the extra screen size, the SD card and hopefully more stable software and extra memory will mean no hiccups !
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What extra memory?? - check the devices side by side and you will find they both display 29MB RAM - Mike
stiggy_sawdust
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am just using the PocketGPS cameras. They are much better than the TT ones anyway. I have deleted the TT ones from my TT device.
spcdust
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stiggy_sawdust wrote:
I am just using the PocketGPS cameras. They are much better than the TT ones anyway. I have deleted the TT ones from my TT device.

That's good to know, I'll further test the One over the week end and if all seems stable I'll pay my subs and install the pocketgps ones early next week. Just out of curiosity, did you install all the speed-zoned camera files, the consolidated files or the single file?

spcdust

Last edited by spcdust on Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
gilesjuk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problem is most likely do to with the display driver. I've noticed a few things, first the backlight goes off but the display freezes (I could see the display in sunlight faintly). Second the GPS engine seems to continue regardless (I heard beeps for cameras).

After a while the display unfreezes and backlight comes back on.
stiggy_sawdust
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spcdust wrote:
stiggy_sawdust wrote:

That's good to know, I'll further test the One over the week end and if all seems stable I'll pay my subs and install the pocketgps ones early next week. Just out of curiosity, did you install all the speed-zoned camera files, the consolidated files or the single file?

spcdust

I use the speed zoned files.
delph2
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For anyone thinking of heading towards other devices I did and regretted it... tried a Nuvi....but have returned to the TT V3 the interface is sooooo much better...Now all they gotta do is get it stable :-)
neph
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all.

I am from Portugal and i too am having the lock up and reboot problems on my TOMTOM ONE Third Edition. (Europe)

It rebooted everyday almost on the same spot, so i assumed it was some kind of POI problem. (corrupted data)

Did a backup, and now im using the original POI database, still locks up and reboots, not at the same place, it just does it randomly..

I noticed if you dont plot a course in it, it wont reboot.. so it should be a memory management problem or something..

Dont know if i will return it or wait for some kind of fix.. one thing im sure is that it is pretty annoying..

One thing i noticed is that it even locks up if you spend some time browsing the map and zooming in and out without GPS signal..

I like the device, but this bug is very annoying indeed.

Hope TOMTOM will fix this soon..
gilesjuk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine has locked up at the same place too, always when going onto a motorway.
kiwi69
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
delph2 Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:19 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For anyone thinking of heading towards other devices I did and regretted it... tried a Nuvi....but have returned to the TT V3 the interface is sooooo much better...Now all they gotta do is get it stable :-)

Which Nuvi did you try? Still haven't got a replacement yet Sad Just watching to see if TT fixes the problem then probably try another TT again. Confused

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 8 of 12

Jump to: