Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Membership Subscription Options Change
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Membership Subscription Options Change
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 30, 31, 32  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JockTamsonsBairn
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GPS_fan wrote:
...but then you're saying "lifetime" has a limit, which means that it isn't lifetime and many of the people with lifetime subscriptions have been with PGPSW from the early days - which is what qualified them for free membership.
You'd be extending the lifetime memberships! They are currently limited to 20 years! 999 months is 83.25 years!

TomTom Go 940 LIVE (9.510, Europe v915.5074 on SD & 8.371, WCE v875.3613 on board)
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It'd be doing you a favour BGF - an extra 5 days, 11 hours, 11 minutes, 18 seconds membership!
GPS_fan
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I engaged typing fingers before engaging brain to do the sums Embarassed

Come to think of it, I haven't got enough fingers and toes to work it out anyway Wink Laughing
paul1964100
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As always the minority spoil it for the majority.
i normally only subscribe when i want to update camera base.
but the next time it will cost me £19.00 because of idiots spoiling it for the rest of us.
I HOPE THEY FEEL PROUD OF THEMSELVES.
aj2052
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Dennis that took some searching, I did download both when they were free and used PoiEdit but over the past couple of years have not relied on them but still keep them in, therefore no point in subscribing, i still stick to my statement, despite your snipe I am not anti camera database I would subscribe if the needs warant it, but also due to my taravel needs would prefer the monthly subscription. sorry to disagree with you
Border_Collie
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Yes Dennis that took some searching, I did download both when they were free and used PoiEdit but over the past couple of years have not relied on them but still keep them in, therefore no point in subscribing, i still stick to my statement, despite your snipe I am not anti camera database I would subscribe if the needs warant it, but also due to my taravel needs would prefer the monthly subscription. sorry to disagree with you
No point in subscribing but would prefer the monthly subscription, which you have never done? Why all the fuss? It's now £19 per year and appears to be detering piracy. Job done! Very Happy
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've tried to keep out, but am at last just failing! I agree people have the right to express their views - but if they keep on and on and on about something (subscriptions here) that they have never had anything to do with (ie paid) anyway, is everyone else obliged to keep responding, or even just waste their time having to read through to get to something worthwhile?

Isn't there anything more important we can discuss now after all this time, before my subscription runs out?
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aj2052 wrote:
I didn't really want to answer any more. It didn't take a lot of searching. Those quotes were from a year ago, some EIGHT months after the database ceased to be free and you STILL kept it on there? Come off it!

Maybe a more recent quote from a fortnight ago would inform our readers?
aj2052 wrote:
You will find that some voices are at different volumes, i use liz zoned ones with the pre siren which also has a louder voice, it also prewarns you that an announcement is imminent, and their is also a loud and soft siren version
You don't rely on them, but you STILL have kept the now how old database - TWENTY months is it? And even though you STILL don't rely on them, you have nevertheless found it worthwhile to download and use a more recently compiled set of voice file warnings for them? Come off it!

The old free database had something like 4,000 fewer camera sites than the latest one has, but you STILL keep it? Come off it!

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
aj2052
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see the gang are getting up again, as I said dennis, if my travel warrants it i will subscribe, please read the quote again lost_property,by the way i think your 4000 is over exagerated
frontman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THXTEX wrote:
£19.00 a year that may save your licence or a fine...

Actually not speeding at all solves this problem.
aj2052
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Must agree BigPerk, No more responses from me.
anthp
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am one of these 2 or 3 long trips a year types so got the data when needed, so also never subscribed to Tom-tom traffic but at £34.95 for traffic and speed cameras looks better value now.

I think now its £19.00 there will be more people sharing, it will be easier to find on p2p networks

anth
lola
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Except for the TT Cameras are not worth having as they are out of date and dont have the mobiles (which account for about 50% of locations) and TT traffic in my experience is not worth the money as it is inaccurate.

For half the price of TT cameras and traffic you can have accurate cameras and read the motorway signs which advise of traffic hold ups and switch on TP on your radio.

My TT sub is now due and I have not renewed it. My PGPS sub is due in 18 days and I will gladly support them.

Keep up the good work guys.
willis
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I rarely post on these forums, but I have taken out the odd monthly subscription as I used to travel the country. Now I am more office based and only really get round areas I don't know on my bike (I have a TT rider2) and find the database v useful then, however this is only in the spring summer.

I find the decision to withdraw monthly subscriptions, in my cinical view, not one which has been taken to avoid piracy but one that has been taken to increase revenue further from subscribers (as well as advertisers). It's a bit of a shame as it does increase the cost to me, however I shall pay it and continue to use the database as its very good (thanks to the subscribers, sorry I mean contributers).

What I am concerned about is, what is the next step? FUrther increase in price? Loss of the lifetime membership for contributers? PGPS is turning (turned) into a company with large corporation actions and views - some good, some bad. At the end of the day they are here to make a profit and the subscribers have been used to make and maintain the product, then they have been weened and encouraged to depend on it, next step is to bleed them dry. Or am I being cynical?

On a purely personal note, I have tried to gain the lifetime membership by submitting french fixed speed cameras last year when I came back from hols. Despite submitting three, I heard nothing and yes they are now in the database. Maybe I was too late. Anyway I'm still looking for those new cameras in the hope I can save myself a few quid and get a lifetime membership.

Anyway, it remains a great product and a big thank you to all the contributers - you've kept my licence clean (well done PGPS for spotting the market and getting in quick, you presently have a unique product).
carol
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also disagree, there must be some way that it is possible for people to subscribe to the database on a casual basis. As I don't travel - normally - very far from my home in North Devon (about a 20 mile radius) it isn't worth my while to subscribe annually. But I do like to be able to buy a month's update when we are going away in our motorhome - usually in the summer months - as that is when you are unfamiliar with the speed cameras. It is just not worth my while to pay the annual fee - shame - it was useful and I can understand why you perhaps have had to bring it in, but again, we are being penalised because of perhaps one or two others.

Carol

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 22 of 32

Jump to: