Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Mio-sync. An unknown error
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Mio-sync. An unknown error
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chrismas
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoniHH,
Thank you sooooooo much. Have upgraded my map & the sync worked fine.

Just as well we have each other 'cos if we had to rely on customer service - it'd never happen.

Sal, I shall book mark that page & definitely sign up later on. I have a free subscription to MioSync at the moment so might as well use it. Thanks for the advice.

Cheers everyone Cheers!
Simkin84
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello!

i seem to have the same problem. suddenly miosync didnt work anymore, i have tried everything, re-install miosync, remove anti virus and firewall but nothing helps. the error i get is: "an unknown error has occured" when i try to update my speedcams. it have been like this for a few days now, and it just suddenly happends.

Help me out
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm amazed that anyone using this site still uses Mio Sync to download a speedcam database of dubious worth Sad . The PGPSW database is far better, Smile and if you are observant enough to spot a new cam, you get life membership. Very Happy Failing being a 'lifer' I believe that the DB download is £2/month or proportionally less for a year and worth every penny of it.
The only downside, if you can call it that' is that you have to use a 'hacked' version of Mio Transfer to put the .mtc file onto your Mio. Get it from Here http://www.fatwallet.com/redirect/bounce.php?afsrc=1&url=http://www.gpspassion.com/upload/Mio_Transfer_Hack.zip
Trevor
Sallyann
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it would be interesting to do an up-to-date comparison of the Mio and PGPSW databases, so today I removed the PGPSW one from my Mio 710 and tried to do a sync.
Strangely enough, it's not working for me either at the moment. I don't have time to investigate now but will have another try later.

Sal
xantia
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:30 pm    Post subject: European Maps on Mio C520T Reply with quote

Hi Sally, this is completely off the subject of your post but knowing that you are the 'guiding light' for the PGPSW to Mio conversion I wonder if a European version of the PGPSW is in the pipeline.

Regards
Mike.
BigJohnD
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Mio-sync. An unknown error Reply with quote

ticklepin wrote:
For the last week or so I have had trouble updating the speed camera database to my C710.
Mio-sync returns “An unknwon (sic.) error has occurred!”
Anyone else experiencing this?

I'm getting that error with my Mio C320.

MIO have emailed me to say:
Quote:
Thank you for contacting mio technical support. Our apologies for the delay in responding to your email, we are currently experiencing a high volume of emails.
We had problems with the MioSync server.
Scripts that were used for updating Speedcams, contained errors.This should be fixed now.
From now on, you can sync speedcams again.
but the error persists…
Sallyann
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:23 am    Post subject: Re: European Maps on Mio C520T Reply with quote

xantia wrote:
Hi Sally, this is completely off the subject of your post but knowing that you are the 'guiding light' for the PGPSW to Mio conversion I wonder if a European version of the PGPSW is in the pipeline.

As far as I'm aware there is no technical reason why it shouldn't be done. Perhaps one of the staff will be along to confirm (if they are not all away on their exhibition-visiting jollies Twisted Evil)

Sal
xantia
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now Now !!
Simkin84
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

still not working. i dont get it. with Miosync V1.2 it worked, but when i installed V1.3, i didnt. dont work with V1.2 anymore either
Sallyann
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know what was going on with MioSync. Each time I ran it, it connected to the web site which offered me a new version of MioSync that apparently dowloaded OK. But when I ran that it just offered the new version again, and so on and on.
Eventually I uninstalled MioSync using the Windows uninstaller and then manually removed the Sync folder. Then went to the Mitac website update page and downloaded the latest MioSync version, which installed and ran successfully.
You might like to try the same procedure.
BUT -
Having loaded the latest Mio camera database and checked a few familiar areas, I have to say that it's no better than the last time I checked it several months ago. There are so many errors - both missing cameras and cameras shown where they don't exist - that I just wouldn't trust it.
I endorse Trevor's comments 100%.

edit: As an example-

In the Mio database, of the five cameras located nearest to my home:
-two are missing altogether
-one is shown in the wrong road
-two are duplicated with additional cameras some distance away in the same road.

In the PGPSW database, they are all shown correctly.

Sal
BigJohnD
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sallyann wrote:

Eventually I uninstalled MioSync using the Windows uninstaller and then manually removed the Sync folder. Then went to the Mitac website update page and downloaded the latest MioSync version, which installed and ran successfully.
You might like to try the same procedure.
Sal

That seems to have resolved the issue. Thanks. There's more support here than from Mio.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: