Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - GO700 problems
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

GO700 problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
richard53
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:48 pm    Post subject: GO700 problems Reply with quote

I've had a GO700 for over a year and have had nothing but problems with it. It does a variety of tricks, from refusing to turn on, to hanging on the screen with the pointing finger, to switching itself off during a route (and losing ALL my favourites at the same time), to losing all its maps in the middle of a French holiday. I haven't used it often (say once every 2 months), so it has probably let me down 50% of the time I have used it. Each time has been a holiday or long trip where it has really mattered that the TT was working correctly.

I have found the customer service through the website really poor, taking ages to respond to an email query and never explaining what is happening. The 700 has now been back to TomTom THREE times for repair. Each time it has been sent back to me (no apology, no explanation of what was wrong or what was done) and it has failed again within a couple of weeks. I have had more time without it than with it. The real hassle is that every time it goes back to the factory, I lose all the favourites I have saved - including about ten priceless gems in Italy that I will now probably never find again.

At last I think TT may be about to give me a replacement, as I have been asking for over the last 12 months, so it may not be an issue for much longer (unless the 720 is as crappy as the 700).

Flaky product, lousy customer support, incompetent technicians - hardly a great recommendation. When it's working, the TT is brilliant.

I wondered if anyone else has had any similar experiences, or if anyone could offer any explanation. I suspect that the HDD is not robust enough for the application but I don't have the technical knowledge to state this with certainty.
FazerUK
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you leave there for weeks at a time, you will get problem, but in the first 12 months, if stuff like that was happening for me I would of taken it back the shop and get my money back, as if its over 12 months now you maybe too late, unless you can prove you had problems before
Western_Europe-Map v650.1127
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can also exclude any generic issues with the hard disc as there are many more 700 users who have no such issues.

What the cause is I cannot say but I would not have persisted with such a problematic unit, lets hope TomTom come through for you.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: