Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT One - how long does the battery hold its charge?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT One - how long does the battery hold its charge?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
voice_of_reason
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:25 am    Post subject: TT One - how long does the battery hold its charge? Reply with quote

I've got a TT One (v4) and tend to go for long-ish periods between using it.

If I charge the battery fully, and then don't use it for about a week, the battery is virtually empty when I switch it on. Is this normal? The unit is fairly new, so I wouldn't expect the battery to be wearing out yet.

Every other device I've had with a lithiom-ion battery inside can hold its charge for a lot longer than a week without being used (mobile phones, PDA's, etc).

Is it just that the TT One consumes a lot of power, even when switched 'off', or could there be a problem with it?

Cheers.
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Possible faulty batery.

Have you tried charging it right up, switching and leaving it on to see how long the battery lasts in "normal" use?
voice_of_reason
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I've charged it fully, and when running it off the battery, it lasts between one and two hours, probably closer to two hours - which is about right, from what I've read.

I guess it's not a huge problem, because the battery life is too short to be of any real use anyway, so I almost always run it off the in-car charger. I was just curious to know if everyone else's battery discharges that quickly when the unit is switched off.
thebinman
Banned

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry, it IS normal with any of the Ones. It drains within about a week cos of the internal clock etc.
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow that's poor. My i3 lasts 5-7 hours on battery (2 x AA Rechargable). You'd have thought a built in L-Ion battery would just as good....
voice_of_reason
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the battery life is pretty poor. It's a fair bit better on the GO models further up the range. Still, it's no real hassle to use the in-car charger, and the battery generally lasts long enough to do some advance planning indoors.

Unless you haven't charged it for about a week, that is..... Wink
idiot
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same issue here,and if the battery runs really low I find the car charger won't charge it - I have to use a mains charger.
mcnollie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remove the SD card and then press the reset for 10 seconds before putting TomTom away until next use. This stops the battery drain as there's no longer any software running.

When you want to use TomTom again, just insert the SD card and fire up and you'll find the battery in pretty good shape. Works for me anyway.
mcollison
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcnollie mmmm... good in theory but the V4 TT One has internal flash so no card to remove!! - I have noticed the same about 2 1/4 hours from full charge, 1 week switched off and it flat!!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: