Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Garmin c310 for hgv vehicles
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Garmin c310 for hgv vehicles

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vince_roy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:26 pm    Post subject: Garmin c310 for hgv vehicles Reply with quote

I own a garmin c310 which I use in my hgv vehicle, due to the lower speed limits inposed on this type of vehicle (40 mph on urban road cars are 60mph) the only data base I could download was a uk single file consolidated. However again you have changed the database this month and the speed cameras only show if you are 5 mph below or over the speed limit, this is not much good to me in my hgv on urban road when I need to see the camera at about 35mph and not 55mph. the POI loader says you can change the the speed or the distance but this still does not work. Can we go back to the old database please.
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
However again you have changed the database this month and the speed cameras only show if you are 5 mph below or over the speed limit,

Really? I haven't noticed this.

Secondly you state you

Quote:
download was a uk single file consolidated

can you clarify which database you used.

Single file with all cameras
Consolidated by type
Speed Zoned Complete

there is no "single file consolidated"

Quote:
this is not much good to me in my hgv on urban road when I need to see the camera at about 35mph and not 55mph.

Not sure i understand what you mean here.

Finally looking in all 3 files the cameras are set to the usual values of 30, 40, 50 etc No 35s to be found.

Also you are the first to complain of this.

I would reinstall the database but use the express option in POILoader and make sure it's set to MPH and not KPH.
vince_roy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Single file with all cameras , however I have tried them all with the same results, but the Single file with all cameras was the one I always used in the past and did display the cameras at any speed.
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well nothing has been changed in the database to make these probplems appear. If you open the file pocketgps_uk_sc.csv with Excel you can see the entries such as

GATSO:1@40

This means the trigger speed for Gatso 1 is 40 mph.

I would suggest another reload of the database as i said above making sure you have it set to Express mode and MPH.
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the past how did you get the Garmin to show the cameras at any speed? Most Garmins only show the cameras if you are speeding, by default and you need to fiddle with the database to lower the trigger speed. However this is something the user must do - it's not done at PGPSW.
vince_roy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason I was quoting 35mph is because on a urban road of a 60mph speed limit for cars, but for a hgv vehicle the speed limit is 40mph so I would like this to show on the satnav at 35mph. however on your previous downloads it did not matter what speed I was doing it always shown the camera location be it the display on screen was a round circle and not a camera picture. I need to repeat it did not matter what speed I was doing the location of the camera was always displayed.
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The reason I was quoting 35mph is because on a urban road of a 60mph speed limit for cars, but for a hgv vehicle the speed limit is 40mph so I would like this to show on the satnav at 35mph.

I realised what you were saying just before i posted the last post. However as far as i remeber all Garmin products only show the cameras when exceeding the speed limit. My i3 certianly behaves this way and IIRC so do all Garmin products. However I think someone with a better knowledge of this unit will have to step in.

Can you not use the Manual method of setting alert distances "Alert whenever you get close to a point"??
vince_roy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If all garmin products only show the cameras when exeeding the limit why with all previous downloads this has not been the case, I have always seen the cameras on screen whatever the speed.
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If all Garmin products only show the cameras when exceeding the limit why with all previous downloads this has not been the case, I have always seen the cameras on screen whatever the speed.

I don't know. IIRC = If i recall correctly. I may be wrong but i have always been under the impression thats how Garmin units work. My i3 certainly does.

Unfortunately no-one else has shot me down yet (or backed me up) so we can't be sure yet. However i can confirm the database is no different to how it was before....
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you confirm you have downloaded the database by following these choices? Please take note of the exact wording below.

"Garmin POILoader" then "UK - Single File with all cameras"

and NOT

"Garmin Other" then "UK - GPX - Single File with all cameras"

Did you definately get the Garmin POILoader database?
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul - a lot of the garmin units show speed cam pois regardless of speed - it's just the i3 really that doesn't!

vince_roy - i see you have been downloading a mixture of files and types - i.e. consolidated csv, gpx, speed zoned, single file, garmin, navman etc etc. it may be easier to make a note as to which file type you normally use so that you can use the same one each time. the 'problem', as paul suggests, may have been caused by installing the wrong file set - i.e. gpx.

MaFt
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
paul - a lot of the garmin units show speed cam pois regardless of speed - it's just the i3 really that doesn't!

Ah! That's what i was waiting to hear. I thought it was a Garmin thing. Embarassed

Quote:
the 'problem', as paul suggests, may have been caused by installing the wrong file set - i.e. gpx.

Credit where credit is due MaFt, it was your suggestion in the first place.
vince_roy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I have used Garmin POILoader" then "UK - Single File with all cameras . I had this trouble some six months ago when it looed like you had changed the file types. What I notice that is new this month is that i now get a actual camera icon and befor I got just a round circle indicating the location of the camera. I have been using this garmin satnav for two years now and this only the second time I have had trouble!
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
What I notice that is new this month is that i now get a actual camera icon and before I got just a round circle indicating the location of the camera.

The camera icon is what you should have if you downloaded the Single File with all the Cameras database.

The round circle you mentioned. Did it have the speed limit in it? Like a

If so that was the Speed Zoned Complete database and not the Single File one.....

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: