Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - New way to do custom POI warnings in TomTom 5 & 6
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

New way to do custom POI warnings in TomTom 5 & 6
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 33, 34, 35  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MKontic
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P2002 wrote:
There probably is a limit, but it should be much longer than that!
Some of the ready made ones on the OGG files page say something along the lines of "Bing-bong.. Warning, Gatso ahead, thirty miles per hour" so yours should be fine for length.
Incidentally, there might be one that suits you on that page anyway. One of the single-file version ones might be what you need.

Otherwise, check that your .ogg files are mono and 22050Hz sample rate and when you run your demo, keep the speed at 200% or less.

Thanks Andy. I changed the sample rate to 22050Hz but it made no difference. I couldn't change it to mono because the converter kept coming up with an error, so had to leave it on stereo. I have tried setting the demo speed at 100%, but that didn't make any difference either. I'll try another converter in case mono/stereo is the problem, but any other help/advice would be appreciated.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try using Audacity it is free and works well - Mike
MKontic
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mike. I may try setting my own up again, but for now I've downloaded the ones Andy gave a link to, which do the job. I've also solved another annoying little problem I had. I was regularly getting double warnings for speed cameras. When I looked at the .ogg files in Andy's link I noticed that there wasn't one for pocketgps_uk_gatso. I put 2 and 2 together and realised that this was an old file from a couple of years ago, back in the days before they were seperated out. When I download a new version of the db I don't normally delete the old files but merely overwrite them. What it meant was that I actually had 2 camera positions (albeit the same location but in 2 different files) and it was correctly warning me of both of them. I've now deleted all the camera files, re-installed them along with the .ogg files, and everything is hunky-dorey! :D

Now that I have the corerct db files, I've noticed that the bmp's are the speed limit rather than the camera pics. To be honest, I preferred the camera bmp (much easier to see both when driving and when simply looking at the map), so I may set all the GATSO's, irrespective of speed, to the same bmp, but keep the speed-zoned warning. I love it when a plan comes together. Laughing

Thanks chaps.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool!
That's the beauty of the system. (Almost) everything is customisable, if you know how it works. Well done for sorting out the double warnings, that's caught out a pot of people in the past.
Svengali_uk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:15 pm    Post subject: Warning Sounds Reply with quote

I have just done the following:
a) Installed TomTom Home
b) Updated my system (to 6.520)
c) System hung (No image, screen bright, could not switch off)
d) Reset - device operational, but no speed cameras.
e) Downloaded and installed new speed camera database.
f) Read and printed out details of adding voice alerts.
g) Went back to voice alerts sent to me by Mullet last June (Liz 22050)
h) renamed "Gatso60.ogg" "pocketgps_uk_gatso_60.ogg" et al to match files existing in my map folder.
i) Copied them across into map folder
j) Disconnected from computer
k) System hung again - see c) above
l) pressed "reset"
m) Device started up.
n) Went on to "manage POI"
o) Sound files still original Tom Tom!
Where did I go wrong, please?
gardenshed
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you now have to edit each speed camera poi and it will automatically select the voice warning. you only have to do this once as each subsequent camera update will use the corresponding voice Wink :D
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check the file extensions, open Windows Explorer select the Tools/ Folder Options_View Tab, make sure "Hide extensions for know file types " is NOT selected.
Now view your ogg files it is quite possible they are named:
pocketgps_uk_gatso_60.ogg.ogg with a double file extension the files will not be recognised by the software.

If the above is correct go to Change preferences/ Manage POI/ Warn When Near POI and select each speed camera POI in turn and configure the warnings - Mike
gardenshed
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
Try using Audacity it is free and works well - Mike

is it me or is there a prob, it say audacity is not available to download it cant find the web page! Crying or Very sad
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing whrong with the site as I have just downloaded the installation package - I will e-mail it to you, just read the instructions I send with the installer - Mike
Svengali_uk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:55 pm    Post subject: re-installing voice alerts Reply with quote

Hi, I have checked the files, and only have one .ogg.
I have gone back to my device, and I find that I have two "Manage POI icons, the first is Main Menu 3 of 3 (Same page as the "Change preferences" icon.
If I open this, I get a Warn..... option, and the Ist page gives me two options, cameras, and Pocketgps uk gatso 20.
If I choose "cameras", I get "remove warnings" question, If I say no, I get 299 yds. If I press "Done" - I get Bell1,
If I go back to pocketgps uk gatso..., I get the same questions, but not even the option of a bell.
If I get to the Manage POIs, via the "change preferenses" route, I get the same.
I haven't touched my data.chk file this time - should I have done?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should not need to mess around with the data.chk file as this method is not required when using ogg files.

It sounds like you have either an old speed camera database installed in addition to the new one you recently added, go to change preferences/ Manage POI/ Warn When near POI and before selecting anything type "po" (without the "") this will put the pocketgpsworld speed cameras at the top of the list, now you can use the arrow down button to scroll through the list and you should see all of the cameras (24 in total if using the speed zoned set less PMobiles, 33 if you have the full set installed)

You need to select each one in turn, if it asks you to remove the warning answer NO, next set the distance you are happy with, next it will give you the option to "Warn Only if POI on route" again set this as per your preference. At no point should the software ask you to select a warning sound, if it does offer the Bell 1, Bell 2, Cow etc. it means the specific POI category you are configuring does not have a coresponding ogg file.

When doing the above I would suggest you write down which POI files you have selected in order to make sure you have done the whole lot - Mike
gripp
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:29 pm    Post subject: OGG files on Symbian/Nokia Reply with quote

I've just read through 29 pages of this thread and only seen one mention of someone using a Nokia with these OGG files (Nokia E95).

I have not had any success getting the OGGs to work with a Nokia E65 running TT Nav6. I am well aware of all the "rules" about file extensions etc and I'm sure I've set it up correctly.

Does anyone know if the OGG files are compatible with Nokia/Symbian??
RABC
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:10 pm    Post subject: E65 Reply with quote

I have an E65, and both the ogg method and data file method work .

Tis is with TT6 for Symbian V 3
gardenshed
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
Nothing whrong with the site as I have just downloaded the installation package - I will e-mail it to you, just read the instructions I send with the installer - Mike
right i recieved that thanks Wink sorry for not getting back sooner Embarassed
gripp
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks RABC. No idea hat I'm doing wrong!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 33, 34, 35  Next
Page 29 of 35

Jump to: