Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Postcode use with TT6
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Postcode use with TT6
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dabut
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what folders have you got on your memory card because it seems something is missing.how did you transfer info to card was it thru the pda or card reader if pda it will takes ages so better off getting a cheap reader/writer for pc.
i would suggest doing a hard reset on pda and start again as it only takes a few mins
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if drivez would work to give us a listing of files on the device?

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
nikgee
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is getting a bit complicated for me I am not very computer savvy, but I have managed to use the DriveZ and it has shown the following;
Great_Britain.Postal
Great_BritainPostal
Nederland.postal
Nederlandpostal
These were in the folder "Zip" on the SD card, do you also need the Folder "Western Europe" listing also?
Once again Thanks to all who are looking to solve this problem.
Nikgee
nikgee
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

:D I have just now managed also to follow the instructions which rpf2001 had posted, and it has solved the problem, I can now enter a full postcode and then just enter the house number.
It seems as though the "zip" folder and it's contents were not on the Medion PPC for some unknown reason. A full back-up will now follow.
Thanks so much to everyone for all the help and interest shownin solving my problem :D
dabut
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nikgee wrote:
:D I have just now managed also to follow the instructions which rpf2001 had posted, and it has solved the problem, I can now enter a full postcode and then just enter the house number.
It seems as though the "zip" folder and it's contents were not on the Medion PPC for some unknown reason. A full back-up will now follow.
Thanks so much to everyone for all the help and interest shownin solving my problem :D

glad you got it working ok and thanks for letting us know
rfp2001
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nikgee wrote:

Glad to have been of some help - I don't have a Medion GPS but the problem of the postal codes and/or voices for TomTom when installed on a generic device often give rise to the problem you have faced! The solution is, invariably, to check the program files on the unit and specifically for the ZIP folder: if one is not present then put one on and put the post code file in it - the same goes for the voice folder.

Other problems can arise when folders are transferred instead of the files within them since the units will not search sub folders for info!!!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: