Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom 5 advanced route planning.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom 5 advanced route planning.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
unclebill
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In case I have confused things . I use iGO to plan the route and mark the roads I want with pins . I can then enter the pin coordinates by hand into the tt itinerary , mark as waypoints and let tt use these to generate the route and that is all I need . Is there a better way ?
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

unclebill wrote:
I can use the itinerary planning but I can't check the detail or use demo .
If you have the Itinerary loaded into the itn Folder, just go to Itinerary Planning and load the required Itinerary.

Select Done, choose the type of planning, eg. Fastest, and allow TT to calculate.

It finishes with a screen that shows an overview of the route, the time, distance, with 2 buttons, Done and Details.

Don't press Done!! Press details and you can review the Map. Usually Browse or Demo are the most helpful. Which ever you choose will bring you back to this same View Route Menu.

In Browse Map you will see the Flags that correspond to your Waypoints. If these are not placed exactly where you want them you can edit the route by marking on the Map the point where you want to go. Also make a note of the Waypoint concerned and if you want to Replace, or put a new Waypoint before/after, that location.

Then you can come right out of the View Route and Summary Screens. Go back into Itinerary Planning and use Add | Point on Map.

This will add the location to the bottom of the Itinerary List. You can then select it, to Move it Up/Down or change it from Destination to Waypoint, or back, as you want.

Selecting a Waypoint and Delete will obviously remove a that Waypoint.

Pressing Done will start the whole calculation over again.

I always review my Itineraries this way, mostly after generation with Autoroute. Mainly because they use different routing algorithms.

Like most things, when you've done it a few times, it takes longer to say than do. Smile

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
unclebill
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Richard ,
thanks for your reply, you are quite right , I had forgotten how to do that .

I think I might go back to my old method , ie take my good map book to France , choose the scenic roads , make a note of useful waypoints, open tomtom , browse the map , find the waypoints , click and make favorites , add favorites to itinerary .

It's just a shame that you can't add more than one via point in tomtom , then you could miss out the itinerary stage .

Bill

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: