Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Best for complex motorway junctions
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Best for complex motorway junctions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gpstart
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:58 am    Post subject: Best for complex motorway junctions Reply with quote

I use TomTom 910 and I think it's great. Or is t?

Because I live in the UK, I'm usually able to translate TomTom's way of explaining Motorway intersections (choice of keep left, go straight on, and keep right). But we all know that there are times when on motorways, junctions get complicated and keep left or keep right really doesn't buy it I'm afraid.

On a trip to Hawaii recently with my family, I travelled extensively on Highways (or is it freeways?) whatever. And got in a right mess at complex intersections. Because keep left and keep right might as well be "I think you go left and maybe go straight on, or do whatever dude." Course then the arguing started and you can guess the rest.

I would happily replace my TomTom (temporarily of course) for something that dealt properly with complex motorway junctions. Instructions such as, "Move into 3rd lane" or, "change lane right." And, "You are in the correct lane." etc etc.

Anybody know of nav systems (portable ones) that function like this?
alistairm1
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only software I have heard about that has Lane Assistance is Navigon 6. However, I have yet to get hold of a device with it installed so that I can try it out.
There is a demo on their website.
Although the UK website says that NA maps are "coming soon" they are launching the new 5100/7100 series of PNA units in the USA so map availability should not be a problem.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: