Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Success With TOMTOM
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Success With TOMTOM
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rjm2k
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After reading about it here I managed to get a free upgrade to the new maps too, bought my tomtom 27th April.
Noman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I asked a very polite question about very outdated maps in a unit baught one week ago The content of the reply I got was " don't bother, no chance, go F**k yourself. I got the answer in my native language (Swedish). I would have prefered Urdu because now I'm so disappointed Sad

Congratulations to all of you who has got better response.

Last edited by Noman on Mon May 21, 2007 8:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
HRC99
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I rang them up today and they told me it will be passed on to someone who will issue me with a new map.

Fingers crossed!
HairyBoy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to raise 3 seperate 'tickets' via the support section of their website. They delayed and then ignored one, told me to get stuffed with another and then I finally got my free map upgrade at the 3rd time of asking.

Make sure you give them the serial no. off your unit, the product code (from the credit card supplied with the unit) and a scanned receipt prooving date of purchase. If you don't provide this detail, they'll ask you for it to delay so make sure to provide everything in your first 'ticket'.

Keep at them by creating fresh, repeat, tickets until they give you your upgrade.

My Go was purchased on 28th April for information.

Good Luck !
Das_EEjit
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I purchased a One Regional a few weeks ago. I conted TomTom via the web site about the maps and got a request for the product code and proof of purchase.

Sent a scanned copy of my receipt and the product ocde of the card in the box.

I got a message earlier today saying they have added the upgraded maps to my account, sure enough, there it is

I'd forget about the response in 24 hours though.

All I have to do now is figure out how to get everythiong onto the new DS card I've just bought. Oh what fun

Regards
Steve
b1g_al
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought my GO700 on 20th april a few days after the new maps came out. I saw this thread and contacted tomtom. here is their reply.

"The TomTom devices you purchased is not a new device, it is a refurbished device. The TomTom devices are sold pre-installed with the latest maps available at the time they are manufactured. Unfortunately, we are not able to process your request for an updated map."

I think i will keep trying as all the other units in this thread fall into the mentioned category.

this will be my 3rd email so heres hoping it works for me too. Smile
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erm... no they don't. They are all NEW x10 series or ONE models. If you've bought a second-hand Go700, there's no way they will give you a new map.
andydigital44
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

b1g_al wrote:

I think i will keep trying as all the other units in this thread fall into the mentioned category.

Ermm no they don't, all the other devices are still currently being manufactured, and yours isn't. They stopped making the Go 700 quite a while ago. Although this is not to say that some resellers may still have very old stock. As long as you can prove when the device was bought with a receipt and you can prove it wasn't bought as a refurbished unit, then! you can say the Go 700 meets the requirements for a free map update.

DOH!! Andy beat another Andy again!!
b1g_al
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So an argument that they "refubished the unit and as such reprogramed it to ensure correct function and content" would'nt fly then. :D
andydigital44
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not at all.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, me!! On 15th May I got through the support maze to eventually write TT a polite request - that on 17th April, Invoice NO xx, Order No xx, I had purchased downloads of Western Europe map for my GO710 and Western & Central Europe for my GO700. I explained that I didn't know that the two maps were actually different, I just thought they called them differently, had different file size and slightly different prices because the two devices were different, one being SD card, the other Hard Disk. I had now found out that the maps are different, that if I had known at the time I would have very happily paid the higher price (£6 dearer) for the W&CE map to load on the GO710. Therefore, would it be possible for me to give them another £6 to download it and delete the WE map please?

They have agreed to think about it, but have not yet agreed to do it. I am trapped in a merry go round of them saying I need to open another account if I have two devices. Apparently I need to set up another account with a different e-mail address to register my "other" device. I have explained that although I own two TTs, there's only one of me, I have only one computer, only one ISP, only one e-mail address.

Is it me? I mean, why would I buy two maps for only one device? (I'm not talking regional maps here). I've paid for the devices AND the maps, who cares which device I have them on, so long as I don't abuse them by having ONE map on more than one device? I have no desire to do that - I hate piracy fervently. I DO desire to pay TT another £6 to exchange my lesser map. Sad

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
andydigital44
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You probably wont be able to download the new map with Home if you only have one account. Get yourself a free email account with Gmail or Hotmail if you need another email address.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andydigital44 wrote:
You probably wont be able to download the new map with Home if you only have one account. Get yourself a free email account with Gmail or Hotmail if you need another email address.

1. I already downloaded two maps for one account (that I didn't realise I had - an account that is - why would I want to set up an account to be sent junk mail and viruses?). Two maps, two TT devices, one map on each device, one old man. I ordered and paid for two maps, one order, one invoice. I downloaded the maps into TT Home, no bother. I then installed one map on one device, then I plugged in the other device and installed the other map to it. TT Home didn't stop me doing that. Confused Admittedly, I'm a technophobe where Home is concerned, so maybe I did something magic in pure ignorance (or annoyance when it upsets me)?

2. I don't need another e-mail address - it's TT telling me they need me to have another. I have enough trouble keeping on top of one address, without adding another that I'd only ever use once to get the map - I'd never remember who I am if I wanted to log into TT's site. How many e-mail addresses does pgpsw need me to have? (I think it's against their rules to have more than one ID).

Dammit, old people are supposed to be allowed to be stupid and non-techy. I'm old, why can't they just take my money and let me have a map? Evil or Very Mad

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
HRC99
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HRC99 wrote:
I rang them up today and they told me it will be passed on to someone who will issue me with a new map.

Fingers crossed!

Sorted! Sent them proof of purchase, received an email saying it was being processed and then another email to say that the map would be added to my account shortly.

About 3 hours later received an email saying it had been added, so went onto my TomTom and sure enough, there it was.

Now the question is do I actually want to install the new map after all the things I read about it! Confused
HairyBoy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="HRC99Now the question is do I actually want to install the new map after all the things I read about it! Confused[/quote]

HRC99,

One option is to copy your existing card to a new card (so you now have identical cards with your current maps on them).

Then you can install your new maps to one card and try it safe in the knowledge you have the old maps on your backup card incase you want to 'go back' to the old maps.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: