Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Hi to all in the Navman Section
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Hi to all in the Navman Section

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
constantine
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 10:42 am    Post subject: Hi to all in the Navman Section Reply with quote

Just like to say hi to all in the Navman section.

I have previously had x2 satnav systems, a TomTom Go 700 which i had to sell when made redundant..
And an Evesham system, not as good for 'extras' but did the job and much cheaper at the time,

I have just ordered the F40 with bluetooth dock, and should arrive this week, hence the above message.

Kind Regards to all.
mostdom
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 9:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Hi to all in the Navman Section Reply with quote

constantine wrote:
Just like to say hi to all in the Navman section...
...Kind Regards to all.

Welcome
I almost missed this. Thank you for sutch a jolly introduction. If I were a Moderator I would probably Lock it a stick it at the top of the section to preserve it's purity. :D

HERE LIES PND May it rest in peace.
Navigon 7310/iPhone Navigon&Copilot
keithjeffrey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 9:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Hi to all in the Navman Section Reply with quote

constantine wrote:
Just like to say hi to all in the Navman section.

I have previously had x2 satnav systems, a TomTom Go 700 which i had to sell when made redundant..
And an Evesham system, not as good for 'extras' but did the job and much cheaper at the time,

I have just ordered the F40 with bluetooth dock, and should arrive this week, hence the above message.

Kind Regards to all.

When you get your F40 and have had a chance to play with it , could you come and tell us how it compares with the other navs. you have had.
I have a Navman F20 Europe and I am constantly being told by the blokes I work with " you should have got a Tomtom ".
I would be interested to hear from a former Tomtom owner that has moved over " to the dark side ".
robertn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a lot like sports teams, car manufacturers and other religious debates that people have over subjective rather than objective observations.

Each product has it strenghts and weaknesses, and where theres a lot if overall difference, the weak fall by the wayside. Both TT or Navman have been around long enough that it would be a reasonable assumption they are both pretty good or they would not be here.
constantine
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all for the welcome,

As soon as i go out on my first trip will try and write a few informative notes about the F40 Europe.

The first thing of note is that it does not come supplied with any mains adaptor, you are meant to charge it via the cigarette plug socket which is supplied, along with the cradle to attach to windscreen.

I bought a mains plug with cigarette adaptor socket sold by gps systems.

i did make sure it was compatible first, arrived next working day and charges the unit fine.

***UPDATE***
Have been on the Navman website, and you can buy a pack which has a mains adaptor included, in my mind this should not be an optional extra at all.....

It appears that although the unit including european maps and bluetooth unit is extremely well priced, Navman seem intent to claw offer costs back by making everything an optional extra....

Hope this does not prove to backfire on them, and not only put people off but perhaps lose dissinchanted users away when it comes to upgrade in the future....

Kind Regards.
murts
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Constantine, I'm looking at buying the F50 but can't find any info on the bluetooth base unit interaction with the F20 itself.

Hopefully you could answer a couple of questions for me.

1. what on screen functionallity is there ?
Ability to dial via the touch screen ?
Phone book upload and dial via contacts ?
Ability to swap between 2 or more phones ?

You can do this with both the TT 510 & the Garmin 310D which I'm also looking at.

Thanks for any info.
constantine
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi murts,

Not a good start, i have sent mine back for a refund....
When i opened the bluetooth module box, the module had a bent connection pin,

It may have worked, but as it was new and my only chance i went for a refund now rather than risk having problems later.

The module and unit connect together and then clip into the windscreen clamp, rather a naff plastic fit that looks like it would easily break.

I can confirm according to the instructions, you can pair upto 5 bluetooth devices, but only link to one at a time

If more than one are in the vicinity, it will pair with the last used device.

Kind Regards

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: