Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - [b]Help Please[/b]
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

[b]Help Please[/b]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
easyrider
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 1:52 pm    Post subject: [b]Help Please[/b] Reply with quote

I I have a Mio 168 copilot5 Where You Plug The Lead in to charge it up It seems that the lion battery inside seems to have moved out of line and I have to keep moving it about for the red charging light to stay on can anybody help with any sugestions, I have thought of unscrewing it but I am frightend what might fall out

Thank you
rabtt
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not usually advisable to open up these units as it may void any warranty you have - how old is the Mio?

I'm not familiar with the Mio but have you tried looking on websites to see if others have replaced this battery? If so, there may be a 'how-to' somewhere to help. Sorry if you've thought of this already .. trying to help Wink
philpugh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 9:54 am    Post subject: Re: [b]Help Please[/b] Reply with quote

easyrider wrote:
I I have a Mio 168 copilot5 Where You Plug The Lead in to charge it up It seems that the lion battery inside seems to have moved out of line and I have to keep moving it about for the red charging light to stay on can anybody help with any sugestions, I have thought of unscrewing it but I am frightend what might fall out

Thank you

Is it the battery that you are moving about to get the charging light on or are you 'waggling' the power lead? If it's the latter then it may be the socket that has been damaged in some way? If it's still in warranty I would get it back for repair/replacement.
EasyD2
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

philpugh wrote:
If it's the latter then it may be the socket that has been damaged in some way? If it's still in warranty I would get it back for repair/replacement.

There was an issue with some of the earlier Mio 168s where the sync port would become loose due to lack of soldering on the motherboard. Maybe try calling Mio on 0905 464 0010 to see if it is still in warranty.

Tel: 0871 7000 156
Globalsat UK Distributor
rabtt
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

..sounds like good advice there for easyrider, but a premium rate number .. ouch! Confused
EasyD2
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rabtt wrote:
..sounds like good advice there for easyrider, but a premium rate number .. ouch! Confused

fair call. maybe try emailing them instead via here or getting in contact with the people you originally purchased it from.

Tel: 0871 7000 156
Globalsat UK Distributor

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: