Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Any news on cost or where to buy traffic key code?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Any news on cost or where to buy traffic key code?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ahenry
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://support.alk.eu.com/cgi-bin/alk.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=286&p_created=1129557840 says

When will Traffic be available for Pocket PC 5 or SmartPhone 1 ?

Answer
CoPilot Traffic is now available for CoPilot Live 6 | Pocket PC and CoPilot Live 6 | SmartPhone.

Customers that have already purchased a T-Mobile phone bundle with CoPilot supplied will have received a 24 month free subscription Traffic Key Code.

For existing CoPilot customers, we will shortly be announcing the release date for Traffic and the monthly subscription cost.
fluffball
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have CoPilot 6 on Pocket PC (WM5) using bluetooth connection to GPRS enabled mobile phone. Live tracking works fine. I wanted to upgrade to live traffic either through GPRS or TMC receiver.
My understanding is that I need to purchase a "traffic key" licence which will unlock the extra live traffic features (adds a "traffic" button to the menu somewhere to control it all).
Contacted ALK and after many questions/replies got:
TMC traffic updates option is not available as yet for Pocket PCs but you can buy the Live update to receive up to date traffic alert messages through your GPRS connection. Traffic update can be purchased here http://www.alk.eu.com/buynow/buy_o2customers.asp
cost £34.99 (£42.14 with P&P !!!)
Think long and hard about data costs. I have opted for a T-mobile Sim Only monthly contract (£7.50 p/m) + Web 'n Walk Data (extra £7.50 p/m).
I'm debating whether to go ahead with this as there seems to be little information on what you get for your extra bucks when from the ALK web site I thought it was all included in the initial purchase price.
ahenry
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fluffball wrote:
I have CoPilot 6 on Pocket PC (WM5) using bluetooth connection to GPRS enabled mobile phone. Live tracking works fine. I wanted to upgrade to live traffic either through GPRS or TMC receiver.
My understanding is that I need to purchase a "traffic key" licence which will unlock the extra live traffic features (adds a "traffic" button to the menu somewhere to control it all).
Contacted ALK and after many questions/replies got:
TMC traffic updates option is not available as yet for Pocket PCs but you can buy the Live update to receive up to date traffic alert messages through your GPRS connection. Traffic update can be purchased here http://www.alk.eu.com/buynow/buy_o2customers.asp
cost £34.99 (£42.14 with P&P !!!)
Think long and hard about data costs. I have opted for a T-mobile Sim Only monthly contract (£7.50 p/m) + Web 'n Walk Data (extra £7.50 p/m).
I'm debating whether to go ahead with this as there seems to be little information on what you get for your extra bucks when from the ALK web site I thought it was all included in the initial purchase price.

The £34.99 link there is for O2 customers. I am on T-Mobile, and it works for me without paying anything extra. I don't remember ever installing a license key to get the Traffic news. I bought CoPilot 6 in November 2005, so I suppose it could have been something that they introduced since then.

To get the traffic news to work, you need to make sure that you are "online", then click "Traffic" from the main menu and click the "Connect" button at the bottom of the panel. Then back on the map view, there is a display of the current GPRS reception in the bottom right hand corner of the screen. If that is green, then from the main menu, click Traffic, then the button to the top right hand corner ("Find Traffic" ?) and then "Current Location". You should then get a list of traffic reports from up to ~ 30 or 40 miles away. It may take a minute or so to connect.

Since the last update to CoPilot, I have found that the traffic incidents are sorted by the road name (ie A1, A2, ..., A999, M1, M25 etc) which is a bit of a pain. They used to be sorted by the distance from your current location which made a lot more sense.
fluffball
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahenry,
I'm guessing that you got your co-pilot and traffic as part of the latest T-mobile offer along with a phone. I'm running co-pilot 6 live for PPC (Fujitsu Pocket Loox N560 running WM5). There is no "traffic" button on the co pilot menus anywhere on my installation. The live "tracking" bit does work.
ahenry
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fluffball wrote:
ahenry,
I'm guessing that you got your co-pilot and traffic as part of the latest T-mobile offer along with a phone. I'm running co-pilot 6 live for PPC (Fujitsu Pocket Loox N560 running WM5). There is no "traffic" button on the co pilot menus anywhere on my installation. The live "tracking" bit does work.

http://support.alk.eu.com/cgi-bin/alk.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=344&p_created=1133258641&p_sid=To1QysBi&p_accessibility=0&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9OSZwX3Byb2RzPTEsMjgmcF9jYXRzPTAmcF9wdj0yLjI4JnBfY3Y9JnBfcGFnZT0xJnBfc2VhcmNoX3RleHQ9dHJhZmZpYw**&p_li=&p_topview=1
talks about entering a traffic license key code. I bought CoPilot 6 from T-Mobile in November 2005. I suppose the license key that I got might have the traffic news feature enabled. From what I've heard, you need to connect with the T-Mobile network to be able to contact the license server. I did see something from another network (O2 or Orange probably) about being able tuse the traffic updates with CoPilot.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: