Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Battery
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Battery

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rmcarner
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:01 pm    Post subject: Battery Reply with quote

Hello. I am new to the group. Where in the menu can you find out the state of the lithium battery charge. More sophisticated questions to follow..
Thanks.

Dick
adrianh
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dick,

From the main map page just push the button with the 2 page emblem on it. This takes you to the page where your speed, and all the averages are shown. Top left is a battery indicator that shows the state of charge or if you're connected to power.
Enjoy the Garmin. I've had many happy trips with mine all across Europe. It can be slow at times but hell, its better than reading maps, AND I have yet to get lost !!

Adrian
Skippy
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Battery Reply with quote

rmcarner wrote:
Hello. I am new to the group. Where in the menu can you find out the state of the lithium battery charge.

Welcome

As well as the view on the Trip page that adrianh mentions, you can also press the power button once and it will bring up a pop-up showing the power remaining.

Press the power again and it switches the backlight on to it's preset brightness (which you can adjust with the rocker pad), press again to max the backlight, press again to switch backlight off. You can set the backlight to timeout after a while to save the battery, but I think it stays on when on external power.

Quote:
More sophisticated questions to follow..

That's what you can do with the power button, wait till you see all the other cool stuff they have packed into this little unit. The basics are easy to learn, but I was finding cool new features of my first Garmin for months! Laughing
BeatO
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool stuff and button uses you'd have to get used to, but once you know them, there are very helpful.

Like holding the Menu button for about a second to get directly to the routing options menu, holding down OK for a second to display the current location (which you can also save as a favorite) and looking up the road name/number. And pressing Find somewhat longer takes you home...

BTW: A lot of it is in the manual, if you like to read it...8) :-)

Have Fun...
BeatO
elsinga
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the rest is in my Quest FAQ. ;)

GPS V FAQ Quest FAQ
Home @ N 52"55.812', E 05"51.509'

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: