Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - ANN: Postcode support for TTN2 on PocketPC
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

ANN: Postcode support for TTN2 on PocketPC
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dynamite
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trevor,

No, you can put it anywhere where you've got enough space for it, as long as the .exe and the .dat file are both in the same place.

- Niels
ttrevor
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for reply ,i have downloaded the dat plus the exe to my cf card and i have a shortcut on my today menu , but all i get is an error message >> ERROR OPENING SHORTCUT OR LOCATING THE FILE NAME

rgds trevor
Iphone x 64gb IOS 11.3.1 / IPhone 6 Plus 32gb IOS 12 beta /Volkswagen Scirocco R 280 bhp /Suzuki Vitara swb vvt+ /Suzuki Jimny special/running Apple Mac Mini / Apple air/ iPhone x /6 plus navigation / Apple car-play
TC
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dynamite,

I'm still confused about the installation of your excellent program.

I have TT Nav 2 on my HP2210 installed on my compact flash. I also have WM2003 installed I do not have CheckPOInt loaded.

I tried setup.exe but like others I get 'Space required for selected programs:" 0.0 K - nothing is offered for installation? Sad

Next I dragged ukpostcodes.dat and ukpostcodes.exe to a new folder on my compactflash (pocketpc). I tried running ukpostcodes.exe directly as well as from a shortcut, but get the error message 'cannot find 'ukpostcode' (or one of its components..... Crying or Very sad

Any ideas?

Sorry if I missed something blindingly obvious but I did read all the posts in this thread

TC
TC
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dynamite

I loaded CheckPOInt and everything works fine now. :D

I've only had a brief look at you postcodes application, but I already know I will make considerable use it!

Great work!

TC
stuartm
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dynamite wrote:
Parky, Stuartm,

It would be worth you checking that you've got the latest download - there was an issue with the application trying to link to debug dlls which most people don't have on their machines. I've separated out the downloads so you should be able to download just the .exe files without the biiig database file. http://www.digitools.co.uk/downloads/ukpostcode/download.php

- Niels

Thanks, that did the trick, it's working fine now.
dynamite
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TC,

Glad you got it to work. Looks like I need to have a look at what CheckPOInt does differently from my install...

Trevor,

Try running the application directly from the SD card, by clicking on it in File Explorer on the PocketPC. If it runs then, the issue is with the shortcut. I find the most reliable way to create the shortcut is (using File Explorer):

a) tap-and-hold on the ukpostcode.exe file on the SD card, then choose "Copy" from the pop-up menu
b) navigate to "Windows\Start Menu", then tap on the "Edit" menu and choose "Paste Shortcut".

Hope this helps

- Niels
ttrevor
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Niels, what i am getting now is the shortcut on my today menu that opens up KanpostCode screen and then when i type in a post code i get>> INSTALLATION ERROR U/KPOSTCODE NOT FOUND IN exe folder

trevor
Iphone x 64gb IOS 11.3.1 / IPhone 6 Plus 32gb IOS 12 beta /Volkswagen Scirocco R 280 bhp /Suzuki Vitara swb vvt+ /Suzuki Jimny special/running Apple Mac Mini / Apple air/ iPhone x /6 plus navigation / Apple car-play
Howarduk
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trevor

Try by passing the shortcut and open the postcode search from the original programme icon. If that works, then the problem is purely with the shortcut not the actual programme or the installation.

Howard
ttrevor
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howard Hi. i can get the program to run from file explorer and it will run from the start menu but when i type in a postcode i get the message ((installation error uk postcode not in exe folder)) but it will find from the file explorer icon

trevor
ttrevor
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys for your help all up and running,all on my CF card ,the problem i had was creating the short cut to the Today menu,but all is well Thumbs Up

Thanks very much Niels for your great program buy you a pint when i see you Happy

cheers trevor
Deleth
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Program works really well, but installation wasn't quite to plan on my IPAQ2210.

Didn't list program in the Add/Remove programs window on the PC.

Also no message on Ipaq screen regarding ocx control.

So I just copied the ukpostcodes.exe and the .dat files to the sd card and tried to run it. No joy!

Then I copied the TTNControl.arm and TTNControl files to the sd card, used explorer on pocket pc to get to files on the card and double clicked on the cabinet looking file.

It self installed, crossed my fingers clicked on ukpostcode shortcut and bingo of we go, worked straigt away. :D

Cheeers for a superb bit of work Thumbs Up
toytown
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot dynamite, a wow of a program and for free, congratulations on a good job. I've just installed it on my dell axim 3 and it works like a dream. A brilliant piece of kit.

The only problem i have is i ended up with two shortcuts in the start menu, one that works and one that does'nt, any chance someone could tell me how to delete the one that does'nt work.

Once again thanks for a cracking program.

Tony
toytown
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again,

kindly disregard last post as i have figured it out.

Thanks Tony
JOEJOETHEJOEY
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is excellent!! I must thank you for your work!! Cheers!
thax1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you can sell it to TomTom :D

Refreshing to get some quality freeware that just does its key task really really well.

Please don't be tempted to add lots of features - we don't need it to take over the Today screen, list our battery usage and play music. It's perfect already. Thumbs Up

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 4 of 14

Jump to: