Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Free Tomtom Go 510/710/910 Replacement Car Dock
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Free Tomtom Go 510/710/910 Replacement Car Dock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
floridafil
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:43 pm    Post subject: Free Tomtom Go 510/710/910 Replacement Car Dock Reply with quote

Hi All,
I saw this on another forum and thought it may be of use to those having trouble.

For those of you who have a problem with your TOMTOM GO drooping whilst driving......TOMTOM are replacing all docks for free.....simply enter the serial number on their website at
https://www.tomtom.com/newdock/
and they send you a "UPGRADED" replacement FREE OF CHARGE. If your serial number comes up as invalid format, simply send an email via the Contact Us link and they'll send one out......
80flo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:57 am    Post subject: Droopy TT's Reply with quote

Droopy TT's........ Think about it!

Thanks a lot for that infomation!!
I'm grateful for that, I followed your advice & TT are sending me a new fitting.
Thanks again!
Frank.
JockTamsonsBairn
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Free Tomtom Go 510/710/910 Replacement Car Dock Reply with quote

floridafil wrote:
Hi All,
I saw this on another forum and thought it may be of use to those having trouble.

For those of you who have a problem with your TOMTOM GO drooping whilst driving......TOMTOM are replacing all docks for free.....simply enter the serial number on their website at
and they send you a "UPGRADED" replacement FREE OF CHARGE. If your serial number comes up as invalid format, simply send an email via the Contact Us link and they'll send one out......
Is this a different version of the mount to the one announced in the Sticky here?

uocooper wrote:

Posted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:30 am Post subject: Go x10 mount trade in program. How to get a new mount free.

TomTom Inc. has determined that a limited number of windshield mounts included with shipments of the GO 510 and 910 do not perform to our standards. These mounts can result in the device drooping or in a loose power connection (i.e., battery may not charge fully).

Importantly, TomTom stands behind its products and its customers and will replace free of charge any mount that is not functioning properly.

Simply register your device by clicking on the link below and we will determine if you are eligible to have your windshield mount replaced. You will receive your new mount within 4 weeks from placing your order.

One free windshield mount is allowed per eligible device.

TomTom Go 940 LIVE (9.510, Europe v915.5074 on SD & 8.371, WCE v875.3613 on board)
MrDJ
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive just applied for my upgrade window mount. in your serial number if its got a letter G followed by a O its not the letter O but the number 0 you need to enter. then you should not get the invalid format appear.
jim
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too subtle BGF.... Wink
dougproctor
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:23 am    Post subject: Problems with desktop connector too.... Reply with quote

Strange, I saw some pictures somewhere of the "old" one and the "new" one and thought my week old 910 had the old mount. TomTom sent me a new one which I got yesterday and it's exactly the same as I one I got in the box! So now I have a spare, hopefully the one without the problems.
On the same sort of subject, someone mentioned on here about problems with the desktop fitting and the connector not working properly. Mine has real trouble in getting to connect so I went to the TT website and sent a message about it. 20 minutes later, had a series of emails telling me that a new desktop mount will be on its way to me shortly. Has anyone else had problems with this piece of kit?
Doug
MrDJ
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep me too and quite a lot of other members as well.
received mine 2 weeks ago and its a lot better fit for the mains plug in the home hub.
jim
dougproctor
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Jim, something positive then. Can't fault the service so far.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: