Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Co-Pilot Live 6 with windows 2003 on a Mio168
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Co-Pilot Live 6 with windows 2003 on a Mio168

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kencooper
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:27 am    Post subject: Co-Pilot Live 6 with windows 2003 on a Mio168 Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes Hi im new to this and having trouble with downloading POIs into the desktop software. The Version i am running is v6.0.7.36 and the manual does not resemble the software, i have sent an email to ALK stating this and await a reply, The problem is the manual says there should be at least 4 columns when you download the CSV file but i only had 3. Am i downloading the wrong files from this site, and if so where can i get the right ones. I would appreciate some help. Also does anyone know any other site for POIs. I have a motohome and could do with POIs for camp sites and any other sites wirth visiting only in the UK
Schouten
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ken,

I'm not sure which POIs you are referring to from this site but presumably the safety cameras? If so all you need to do is download the file you need, for example the combined one for PPC6 which is pgpsw-speed-cams-zip. When you extract it you will get a .bmp and .ov2 file both prefixed pocketgps_uk_sc.*

On your desktop pc copy these two files into the Copilot\?\EU\Save directory (I'm not sure if there is another directory before the EU one I'm not in front of my PC.) When you have done this, start Copilot from the desktop or programme option and the POI's will be integrated. There is no need to use the import option. On your MIO you do the same thing in the EU\SAVE directory on the storage card. BUT if you are going to use the SafetyCamera alert feature you will need to rename these two files safetycamera.bmp and safetycamera.ov2 and turn off the custom POI notification for "pocketgps_uk_sc" in the POI notification menu. You will also need to enable the Safety Camera alert feature in the appropriate menu option. When you start Copilot it will integrate the POIs.

I hope this is useful and is done from memory whilst away from my PC - if I've missed something someone will be along to add more/correct I hope. Alternatively if it's not the camera POI's you are referring to then disregard the whole post and I'll get back in my box!

Terry
kencooper
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:04 pm    Post subject: Co-Pilot Live 6, v6.0.7.36 on a Mio168 Reply with quote

Laughing
Hi Terry, fantastic new i can now download POIs into my desktop, thanks to you. They were not Safety Camera ones, they were Camping and Caravan club site ones where we can visit in our motorhome. I had done it that way on the Mio and it worked fine, but i needed to do it on the PC where i have much more memory. I have found that the POIs for TTN (OV2s & BMPs) work fine. ALK have just rung me, i sent them an email to say that the manual for CP6 does not resemble the product, it seems that the version i have was for O2 XDA only, not for MIO or ordinary pocket pc, but i find it works fine and it does seem more streemlined. He asked me for a link to the forum for Co-Pilot Live so he can read what people are saying about it, so maybe they may start to get their act together at last.

Thanks once again works a treat.
neil01
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Co-Pilot Live 6 with windows 2003 on a Mio168 Reply with quote

kencooper wrote:
... the manual does not resemble the software, i have sent an email to ALK stating this and await a reply...

I too have been talking with ALK re this very matter. Unfortunately, they have recently confirmed that this will not be addresed until the next (paid for) version of the product - ie v 7.x even though serious discrepancies between even the initial release of v6 and the manual were brought to their attention (by me) in December 2005.
kencooper
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Neil, its nice to hear from some one else. When i spoke to ALK about the manual, the man said that nobody else had complained about the manual. I told him about the forum and he asked me to give him details of it, so i sent him a link to the Co-Pilot part.

Do you find that you can use the POIs from the Tom Tom range of OV2s for the MIO i found that by accident, and Terry says that you can use the same OV2s on the PC into the CoPilot save folder, Which i have tried but used the CSV files by mistake, and they worked as well. I will try the OV2s later.

Has anyone found any other way of inputting POIs, other than speed cameras, into CoPilot, or any OV2s for any other brand of satnav. Being a newcomer to this i could use all the help i can get.
kencooper
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all, as above the OV2s work fine but the the BMP files do not show properly on either the PC or the MIO, is there a difference in the size of these files as against ones for CoPilot. If so is there a program which can be used to alter them to fit CoPilot. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.
neil01
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some vesrions of CoPilot seem to need 16 colour icons while others need 256 colour ones (some don't mind which!)

Fortunately, the icons can easily be converted using Paint (yes the one included with windows) - just use the 'save as' option and select the file type.
kencooper
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Neil thanks for that, can you tell me what version the Tom Tom BMP files will be, then i know what to save the new ones as. I didnt realize it would be so easy. Can i then paste them into the CoPilot save folder on the PC to replace the old version of BMP files or will i have to delete, if so how do i delete them.
Thanks again.
neil01
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try reading:

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=48482&start=0

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=49523&highlight=

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=36687&highlight=

Once you have fully read them, come back with anything you may need clarifying or any additional questions.

It may even be more appropriate to continue on one of the earlier threads.
kencooper
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi neil,
thanks for your help. Its not the safety cameras that i am wanting to add in, its the other POIs in general. I am trying to find out if i can use the OV2s which are for the TTN, i have got some to work and some do not work.

I wondered if there was a set made specially for CoPilot that i have'nt found yet. I have used the TTN files and placed them in the CoPilot/Save folder on the storage card via the reader, some of them did work but some do not even show when selected in the custom directory.

I tried to do the same on the computer, put then straight into the CoPilot/Save folder, some of them did not work, some did not, and it has now corrupted all the custom POIs. Is there any way to delete these so i can start again. any help appreciated
Ken Cooper
neil01
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about the delay in responding - I'm in the process of moving (currently in temporary accomodation) and don't get on the forums anywhere as much as I used to.

I too have had unpredictable results with CoPilot 6.

To delete ALL POIs (safety cameras are just another POI unless they start with 'safetycamera' when there is modified processing for them) delete all files starting with ao in the save directory, which will result in all the POIs being deleted (safety cameras inclused), then re-load all the POIs you require.

However, I have has times when I have had to uninstall CoPilot and re-install before some POIs have been displayed properly.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: