Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - V9 Maps
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

V9 Maps
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rod123
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anita

Thank you for the info. It turns out that my problem was similar. After 10 mins listening to the Garmin hold messages I spoke to Andy in the support team. He was extremly knowledgeable and helpful. It seems that although I thought I had requested and retrieved a V9 Unlock Code, I had in fact requested and retrieved a V8 Unlock Code. Andy talked me through everything that I needed to do for my nuvi, and my 13 month old i3.

Problem solved.
installerd10
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have today received my version 9 dvd from Garmin uk.

My unlock code was free as my Nuvi 310 was replaced by Halfords (under Guarantee) in Sept 2006, would have been chargeable if I still had the original unit bought in June. :D
phillik
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excited :D I got my v9 DVD today for my StreetPilot i3. Installed the software and unlocked it fine. Selected the UK and TRANSFER TO DEVICE. The detect device found my i3 and selected MAPS to transfer, but then I got THE WARNING Confused

You are about to erase map data that was pre-programmed by Garmin.
If your GPS uses removable data cards, we recommend that you do NOT continue, as the pre-programmed data will be permanently lost.

So do I or don't I press Continue ? 8O

Yes I did, as it detected my i3 and v3.20 and after all Garmin have such great service if it dies. It took about 1/2 hour and worked fine so far....... Only funny so far is the find address now put lots of countries and Angleterr, Engeland, England, Englanti for here!

i3, v8 maps on the Transflash (now V9), 2.0 voice, 3.20 firmware.
Anita
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

phillik wrote:
Only funny so far is the find address now put lots of countries and Angleterr, Engeland, England, Englanti for here!

Strange, mine hasn't changed - still just has England for here. I wonder if it's the firmware version. Mine's 2.7, yours is 3.2.
Samsung Galaxy S21
jswords
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated mine yesterday and everything went without a hitch, I seem to be the only one !

Pillik, I too get something similar. I only updated mine with the Ireland maps for the time being and now when entering an address both Ireland and Northern Ireand also appear in Spanish and one or 2 other languages.
mk_graham
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't gone down the v9 upgrade route yet (if you'll pardon), but have an i3 with v8 maps on transflash bought July 2006.

My question is when I upgrade to v9 I will move my mapping to the unit, rather than the card.

As my card also has all the Custom POI's and safety camera files on it, will I need to remove the mapping data from the card (after backing it up of course) in order to use the same card with just POI's and cams on, or can v8 maps on the card co-exist with v9 maps on the unit?
---
TomTom Go 720 WE Maps (for sale)
---
iPhone with Sygic Mobile Maps (Europe) - having problems
chrisles
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

installerd10 wrote:
I have today received my version 9 dvd from Garmin uk.

My unlock code was free as my Nuvi 310 was replaced by Halfords (under Guarantee) in Sept 2006, would have been chargeable if I still had the original unit bought in June. :D

Can you add me to msn so i can download it from yu if possible, i have my unlock code but no dvd Sad waynelisa@live.com
ryokan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problems updating except as phillik says:

Quote:
"Only funny so far is the find address now put lots of countries and Angleterr, Engeland, England, Englanti for here!"

Appear to have full European maps. Used new blank 512mb transflash on card reader, so the original V8 is still there as backup.
The Mapsource programme is pretty good by itself even if you didn't have a satnav. Checked the V9 mapping of Ireland and although it is a massive improvement on V8 it is still not that complete - my mother's village is not on there or the road by the side of Loch Key in County Roscommon where we stopped in a holiday cottage last year.
European mapping for no extra cost. Thanks Garmin :D
snowboardcriminal
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

had big problems getting an unlock code to work. whatever i do it wont unlock the maps. any other ideas?
Anita
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the previous page of this thread:

Anita wrote:
rod123 wrote:
I'm getting a similar problem to perussell . I run MapSource and enter the unlock code. I says 'unlocked', and the wizard goes away. Looking at the displayed map its says 'Map Detail Locked' and there is no zone grid for me to select which zones I want to send to my nuvi 360.

Anyone got any ideas please?

Thank you.

I had the same problem, so phoned Garmin. Took about 10 minutes to get through. I thought the support guy would be familiar with the problem, but he didn't seem to be. Eventually he gave me a different unlock code from the one I'd got from the website, and when I entered this code the maps unlocked successfully.

Samsung Galaxy S21
Trafficman
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered my V9 update disc on 16th December and I still haven't received it! Did anyone receive their disc if they ordered after this date?
sunstrip_steve
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trafficman wrote:
I ordered my V9 update disc on 16th December and I still haven't received it! Did anyone receive their disc if they ordered after this date?

I ordered mine on the 16th as well, and no disc yet. ah well it'll arrive sometime soon. At least it gave me a change to get a new Micro SD card to put the maps on.
tiggr
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I registered and ordered map update on boxing day. The dvd arrived today, and I had no problem getting the unlock code. I actually bought my i3 late October.
I posted some time ago about the problems my XP PC had connecting via USB to my Garmin. Twice now the device has been set up perfectly for comms between the two, only for later the PC [or rather, XP] to reject the Garmin like a sulky teenager. I do suspect this is a Windows issue [driver authentication] rather than a Garmin problem.
I note others have gone the route of transferring directly to/ from the micro SD card, so to that end I have just ordered a half gig one with adaptor from 7 day shop http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=777_6&products_id=100989
My preference is to use the new card and leave the original well alone, hopefully the map update won't insist on writing to the original.
We shall see...
rustyjames
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone had any joy in updating the internal memory of the non-card versions of the i3?

I got my DVD the other day and got the unlock code from the website without problem.

I've bought a 512Mb micro-sd card with the intention of updating the internal maps for the UK, and putting most of the rest of Europe (a bit of a bonus) on the card.

So far I've been able to load maps onto the card without problem via the unit, but if I don't have the card in I get "The required memory for storing maps is missing from your GPS. If your GPS uses a programmable data card, check to make sure it is inserted properly." I've tried sending just one area.

Also does anyone know where custom POI's go when you have both the internal memory and the card? I can now select in the menu between version 8 (internal) and 9 (on the card) of the maps, but can see my custom POI's regardless. Does that mean I'm still limited to what's free intenally for POI's?
swanson2
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:03 am    Post subject: Use A Card Reader Reply with quote

Hi rustyjames,

I think your best and easiest option is to load additional POI's on to your SD card via a card reader.

This way you will have more than sufficient space on the card for all your POI's and your internal memory should not be overstretched.

A word of caution however - I have read somewhere in these forums that downloading more than 85 (I think) categories of POI's to your i3 may cause it to freeze! - So don't overdo it

Regards,

Robert Swanson

:D

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 11 of 22

Jump to: