Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Help - 9232 always flashes red unless connected to PDA
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Help - 9232 always flashes red unless connected to PDA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
grahamwalker
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 2:00 pm    Post subject: Help - 9232 always flashes red unless connected to PDA Reply with quote

I've got two trusty 9532s in separate cars.

They're connected to the ignition, so for years they have acquired satellites and locked on (flashing orange & then green), whenever I use the car, even if my PDA isn't connected to the serial output lead.

One is still fine, but the other one now only flashes red (which means it can't find a satellite signal) unless my PDA is connected.

As soon as I plug the PDA in, it starts flashing orange as normal to show its receiving satellite and then green when it locks on.

Does anyone have any idea why it might suddenly start doing this?
I've loaded Leadtek's software and tried various options for factory resets, cold & warm resets using different options, but it seems to make no difference....

Can anyone suggest what I might be able to do to get it to work normally again and acquire a lock as soon as I apply power, even if I haven't connected my PDA to the serial cable?
TomTom Navigator 5.21, TomTom BT GPS & Leadtek 9532 Wired GPS.
Parrott CK3000 BT Car Kit.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: