Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT 6 with HP IPAQ 2790
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT 6 with HP IPAQ 2790

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scream
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:04 pm    Post subject: TT 6 with HP IPAQ 2790 Reply with quote

Has anyone tried this yet? I know TT have not put it on there compatible list, however the 2490 is on there, this is a lower spec. I've also seen the 2790 paired up with TT6 on another GPS site to be bought as a bundle.

any help would be much appreciated!!

:D :D
brob108
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posed the question to TomTom about the HX2790 not being on the comaptible list when the HX2490 is. As you correctly state the HX2790 has the faster processor but for some reason TomTom are being extremely cautious.

However, last week I took advantage of the 20% off for new maps and a free upgrade to TomTom 6 and it works perfectly fine. I've not encountered any problems at all, it's been very stable and runs very smoothly. The start up process is a lot quicker than Navigator 5 and it has picked up my Bluetooth GPS unit much faster too.

So yes it does work!
Scream
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THANK YOU!!!

You did exactly what i'm about to do. Don't know if you could fill me in on this bit as well. Does it use all of the 512Mb, as i have a 512Mb and 1Gb sdcard that i can use. Just figuring out which one i should use. Only using the GB map.

A massive thank you there!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D
Scream
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

darn it, it didn't download the voices. the only voice i had on there was the john cleese one which doesn't work with 6.

any clues to sorting this out?
Scream
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm a muppet. after spending many hours searching the net, i thought i better check the volume. what do you know it was set to 0. what foxed me was the fact the icon said it was on, which it was, just no volume. anyway job done and i'm a happy chappy now!!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: