Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navman N series SP1 released today
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navman N series SP1 released today
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

doctorf wrote:
some further comments;

1. The guy at Navman got back to me Friday late afternoon but I was too busy to talk. I'll return his call monday am and post any news of note.

Simon F

Simon, did you get any info from Navman, yesterday? I spoke to them today and it does seem that they may think there is a problem which may require a patch. All very don't know as yet Sad
doctorf
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have now spoken to Chris at Navman support who confirms that this is due to a bug in SP1.
They will be bringing out a fix for this and he tells me he will phone me when the fix is out.

Simon F
TheM
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I haven't tried it on the road yet but I suspect big problems!

Quote:
Yup same here, POIs all mucked up after sp1.
So I have uninstalled the software, rebooted, re installed direct off the original disk.
Then deleted all the files off the navman in folders .. program files & Navman, connected back up to the Smartst and reinstalled all the original software back onto the n20. Re uploaded all the poi's and everthing is back to normal.

Quote:
Sounds like Sp1 is actually Serivce Bugs pack 1!

I took SP1 for a ride and, as other people already reported here, there’s no need to panic if you installed it on your device. If you haven’t installed SP1 yet and have more than 5 Custom POIs then you may want to wait. SP1 works fine except you cannot scroll through alerts list. If you have more than 5 alerts you will only be able to access settings for the first 5 but that doesn’t mean that inaccessible rest is now disabled – they still work, and if you need to change their settings you can still use Desktop to do that. Once I adjust alert settings to my liking I rarely touch them anyway, so this is not much of an issue for me and being able to see the speed cam limit is worth the small inconvenience so I’m keeping SP1 on my device. Having said that, Navman does need to fix this issue ASAP!
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found the same, but the previous incumbent of this device (yes, you'll get it back honest!) had installed the single file version and of course the Navman cameras were there, too. Now, in the Enable/Disable POI section I disabled both of these but they both still appear in the the 'Alerts' section (as 1 and 2 of 5) and I still get alerts for them. I will use POIEditor to 'Manage POIs on device' at some point and delete them, if I can, and see what happens then. Will two more POI files appear on the list of five at the expense of the deleted ones, I wonder?
doctorf
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim,

I have have tried that on mine and the answer is 'yes'.

Simon F
imlost
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far the POI issue is the only one I’ve found (apart from the stats page showing an average speed of 8 MPH and a maximum of 169MPH!, now my car is that fast but not that fast Laughing Out Loud)

I heard back from Navman yesterday who acknowledged the POI problem to be an SP1 issue and said that an update would be out ASAP.

Geoff
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim Buxton wrote:
I found the same, but the previous incumbent of this device (yes, you'll get it back honest!) had installed the single file version and of course the Navman cameras were there, too. Now, in the Enable/Disable POI section I disabled both of these but they both still appear in the the 'Alerts' section (as 1 and 2 of 5) and I still get alerts for them. I will use POIEditor to 'Manage POIs on device' at some point and delete them, if I can, and see what happens then. Will two more POI files appear on the list of five at the expense of the deleted ones, I wonder?

I loaded the single file version a couple of days ago and all I can get is the Navman default cameras plus one other POI. Today I have deleted the one that I installed (SPEC) and now the last one on the list is displayed (TEMP). I presume if I delete that one, I will only get one other..
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AND despite whichever camera being displayed in Alerts and POIs it does not display its location on the map nor does it give any sort of alert. Crying or Very sad
imlost
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I havent tried removing any yet as despite them not showing properly on the menu they do appear correctly on the Map and I get alerts. I always use the seperate files as I need a long warning for Mobile/temp locations (usually lasers) and a shorter one for specs/gatso's etc.

Do you find that if the distance between Gatso's is less than your warning distance then you don't get the second warning ?, this seems to happen some times.

I have to say so far i'm fairly happy with the N20, but it dose have a few quirks Laughing Out Loud..
Stackridge
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

doctorf wrote:
I have now spoken to Chris at Navman support who confirms that this is due to a bug in SP1.
They will be bringing out a fix for this and he tells me he will phone me when the fix is out.

Simon F

Interestingly, others at Navman support are denying any problems with SP1. Here's a quote from an email that I received in response to an enquiry about the update.

"You should not need to download the service pack but it should not contain any bugs, it should fix them"

I don't think that I'll be downloading SP1 just yet.
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stackridge wrote:
doctorf wrote:

Simon F

Interestingly, others at Navman support are denying any problems with SP1. Here's a quote from an email that I received in response to an enquiry about the update.

"You should not need to download the service pack but it should not contain any bugs, it should fix them"

I don't think that I'll be downloading SP1 just yet.

Welcome to the Forum

This is quite common with Navman - if you challenge the information they give, they will go away and check and come back and concede that there could be a problem and the it is being worked on and there could be a new patch coming out Rolling Eyes Just don't hold your breath Wink
cook1e
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I couldn't even load the servbice pack onto my N20 Confused Confused

I only tried loading it as I wanted to get the one free camera download you get when you buy a new N20 but the "special offer" link from the ST desktop came up with a message that I needed to download the latest update. When I tried to load the SP1 I got an error message stating that the "language of the service pack didn't match the language of the ST desktop" Confused . I raised a tech support fault with Navman and they advised that there have been some technical problems with camera subscriptions etc that will be resolved in service pack 2 due out next week!

The fact that this is so soon after SP1 shows that thre are some pretty fundamental problems. Don't they test these relases first Confused
DRP
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
It seems that this is the trend with most companies our days. They launch a new model we become the Beta user, they then fix the problems that we complain about.
As the old saying goes do not buy a new model car until it’s been out for 6 months and all the faults are resolved.
Regards
DRP

Mio M400 WEU, N60I, T1, 2x B2, iCN 510 & lots more
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:14 pm    Post subject: Problems with loading and using POIs on N20 Reply with quote

Good news Wink
I went to Navman today and took my N20 to them to ask if they could ID and sort out the problems.
(1) A warning screen each time I did a hard reset telling me that some maps had failed to load.
(2) My inability to get any custom POIs to activate on the N20 (despite them being quite visible when viewing the contents on the SD card.

First, I got a good reception. The device was taken to 'an expert' who concluded that there was a fault with the device. Next the device wat taken to a technician who checked it out and agreed the device software was faulty. He took the SD card out and reloaded it into a new N20, activated the POIs and everything worked fine. I now have a new working machine. Tested it on my way home and the warnings for saftey cameras all worked OK.

While I was there, I asked about the patch to cure some ills current on some N20s (this forum) and they confirmed it was being worked on but they could not give me a date for its issue.

My new N20 has NOT been updated with SP1 and I don't propose doing so
until the promised patch is issued.

Finally, I asked fi there was a limitation on the number of POIs that can be installed on the N20 and was informed it was 64. However, only 14 can be activated at any one time. Wink
Stackridge
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like the SP2 patch has been released. Captain Drift has mentioned it on another thread.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: