Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Mio C210/C510/C710 Wish List?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Mio C210/C510/C710 Wish List?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FuzzyDuck
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

klystron_generator wrote:
i also agree with FuzzyDuck about mute/volume so what about external volume control(s) possibly something on the side like a lot of mobile phones have

Hi klystron_generator

Do you have a C210? The C510 and C710 have 4 hardware buttons on the side -- Power, Menu, Volume Up and Volume Down

Perhaps i could look into setting up a very basic web page for this and collate ideas if you think that's a good idea

That sounds great -- one central point for collecting (and sorting the ideas) would be cool. At work we have something similar and it even allows people to vote on the ideas Smile But as a start, we just need somewhere to put stuff!

..and as for being de-TOG'd, that'd make me a naked duck! 8O QUACK!!!

Proud owner of:
Mio C620t (the new baby) and a Mio C510e
klystron_generator
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have a C210 a birthday and xmas present from my wife back in the summer

with v3.0 the menu button repeated the last instruction as you wished in your posting but this function has disappeared in v3.2 and now the menu pops up

the easiest mute is the power button Laughing

i haven't looked yet to see what buttons the new C250 has

quick have your TOGdom back 8) no naked ducks please no plucking on here what would Janet and John say Wink
klystron_generator
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'll add a few more

improved customer service / technical suppport

a facility to update speed limits as well as speed cameras

congestion charge boundaries and the ability to update them as more charges are introduced or zones are expanded

dare i say it but TMC working on the C210 and C510 (possibly new C250 too) not just C710...excuse me while i now dive for cover Gun Shoot Out Laughing

i haven't tried TMC on my C210 but i have seen the frustration suffered by other users so i was just sitting patiently in the hope it would come before road charges force us all off the road (£1/mile was mentioned this morning) or cars become obsolete...mmm will TMC work on the congested trains that rail operators are trying to force us off too because trains are overcrowded

i know i'm not the brightest spark but if we're priced off the roads and public transport where exactly is all this extra money that they keep talking about going to come from because we'll all be forced to stay at home claiming benefits because it'll just be too expensive to go out to work... sorry a slight detour from the calculated route but i've regained a satellite signal now

it seems that FuzzyDuck and i are the only users with any wishes so i'll hold fire on the web site idea for the moment
klystron_generator
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a couple more

your destination is on the left (or right) side reaching destination with the C210 it just gives a distance to destination on approach (is it the same for C510 and C710?) but some systems also specify which side of the road

Mac-compatible installation and update software there seems to be an increase in the Mac population and it may be a shame to alienate them because of software compatibilities...TomTom is Windows and Mac compatible

MioC210 you indicated that you'd received emails from Mio...are you still around to make contact on our behalf with any ideas from this thread Question
FuzzyDuck
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MioC210 you indicated that you'd received emails from Mio...are you still around to make contact on our behalf with any ideas from this thread Question

It's ok KG... I gave MioC210 the e-mail address in the first place Thumbs Up I'm still in contact with Iris at Mio's European HQ, so I'll fire off an e-mail with the "wish list" when a couple more people add some stuff :D

Proud owner of:
Mio C620t (the new baby) and a Mio C510e
klystron_generator
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

be careful what you own up to on here i think a lot of users still believe in capital punishment for posts they don't agree with Pistol Shoot Out

i'd rather take this forward than end up eating FuzzyDuck a l'orange because somebody's shot you down

from what i saw on that teamwork thread i think the moderators can be just as bad as anybody else and it reminds me of a saying i picked up somewhere "who checks the checker?" Confused

at least we've got a starting point to build on with our ideas

thanks goodness we still possibly have a contact at Mio Smile
Sallyann
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The C210 has now been discontinued and replaced with the C250
http://www.easydevices.co.uk/pp/Dedicated_GPS/Mio_Sat_Nav/MIO_C210_ALL_IN_ONE_WITH_SPEED_CAMERAS.html

Sal
klystron_generator
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes i noticed this too but it only seems to be discontued (so far) by some distributors and is still available at some uk outlets and from Mio so i'm sure support for the C210 will continue

the C210 is a great unit for the money and the only thing it really missed is a built-in rechargeable battery

reading the press release on the Mio web site i wasn't sure if the C250 is exclusive to the uk Question

this is the reason why i've made mention of the C250 too in some of my postings in this thread
klystron_generator
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FuzzyDuck wrote:
It's ok KG... I gave MioC210 the e-mail address in the first place Thumbs Up I'm still in contact with Iris at Mio's European HQ, so I'll fire off an e-mail with the "wish list" when a couple more people add some stuff :D

hi FD, did you do anything with the wish list or has it been put to one side because we were the only contributors?
GPSBear
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another one: "soft" via points - if you miss a via point it immediately tries to re-route you back to it. This is a PITA if you only put the tihing in in order to force the route a particular way. A "soft" via would have a distance associated with it and if you get inside that circle it drops it and goes onto the next. This is a particular problem if for example one checks all service areas on a long motorway route but don't actually use them all. Suddenly your distance to destination jumps a huge amount and it will try and take you back via the next exit. There must be some logic in there already because it would seem that if it would put more than X miles on the trip it does in fact ignore it and go on to the next.
john88
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Software to save MioMap routes to and load saved routes from your PC available (French)
http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=73109

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: