Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TEAMWORK :idea:
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TEAMWORK :idea:
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BoPeep
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh dear. :-( I think I will keep my mouth shut from now on.

Maybe the key was in HOW Fuzzyduck posted his message, MioC210user. I just picked up less hostility from him than I think everyone is picking up from you and he made a valid point about not judging people's experience 100% by their forum ranking. Confused

Regards,

Bo Peep.
klystron_generator
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is this forum not supposed to be a fair and unbiased arena for exchanging views and information?

MioC210user raised an issue and got slated for it Exclamation

Fuzzyduck showed some sympathy for the emotions behind MioC210user's concept of being disregarded and apparent lack of teamwork and received an apology from a moderator for any assumptions made by other users and the feeling of being disregarded in the past Idea

if other users are agreeing that MioC210user raised a valid point should he/she not also receive an apology from somebody within the forum if sympathisers are receiving apologies Question

until this thread i'd taken a back seat only reading postings but this thread prompted me to sign up and have an input because all it has done is show a lack of teamwork and leadership and the wrong people may be receiving praise or apologies from moderators Crying or Very sad
BoPeep
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I just get one thing clear...

I was not actually apologising for anything. I was merely expressing my sorrow that Fuzzyduck felt overlooked, the same way I would feel sorry if anyone on this forum felt that. It was said in the same sense as one would say, "I'm sorry you are not well." In this sentence I am not apologising for the fact that you feel unwell!

I'm sorry if this was not clear.

(Now that was an apology.)

Regards,

Bo Peep.
klystron_generator
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo Peep wrote:
so I am sorry if you feel that you have been disregarded in the past.

sorry it looked like an apology to a 'Newbie' like me

i'll climb back into the back seat and keep quiet before i too upset everyone
MioC210user
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo Peep wrote:
he made a valid point about not judging people's experience 100% by their forum ranking. Confused

I don't recall making any reference to peoples' ranking as you hint - just the manner in which some people seem to thrive on disregarding the contents of postings from whomever they originate.

In fact, I DO recall making positive reference to peoples' knowledge and experience by naming an individual whom I had previously encountered in both positive and negative postings and even said "to name but one".

I'm sorry if people feel that my approach was wrong and wish that I hadn't started this thread.

However, I feel that it has demonstrated my point to some degree - thanks to those who have shown some sharing of my sentiments - but I suggest that perhaps we should stop here before anybody else becomes involved, disgruntled, or otherwise disillusioned.
BoPeep
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MioC210user wrote:
I don't recall making any reference to peoples' ranking as you hint - just the manner in which some people seem to thrive on disregarding the contents of postings from whomever they originate.

Again, you completely misunderstand me. I was in no way 'hinting' at anything. My post is straightforward - Fuzzyduck mentioned the rankings, not you.

MioC210user wrote:
I'm sorry if people feel that my approach was wrong and wish that I hadn't started this thread.

Seconded.

MioC210user wrote:
]but I suggest that perhaps we should stop here before anybody else becomes involved, disgruntled, or otherwise disillusioned.

Couldn't agree more.

[Withdraws gracefully from thread to continue with more worthwhile project... Christmas avatars, team? Laughing ]

Regards,

Bo Peep.
FuzzyDuck
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW! Is this a case of light the blue touch-paper and retire?? Wink

My final thoughts before bed...

MioC210user -- Glad to see you're still around. Take a deep breath and please continue your posts. I (for what it's worth) appreciate your efforts and like some of the stuff you say... Smile

Bo Peep -- Thanks, your comments are appreciated. I may pop my head out of the foxhole now and again 8O

klystron_generator -- That name sounds FAR too technical for an old geek like me Laughing Welcome to the front line!!

Nite nite and sleep tight...

Proud owner of:
Mio C620t (the new baby) and a Mio C510e
MioC210user
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FuzzyDuck wrote:
MioC210user -- Glad to see you're still around. Take a deep breath and please continue your posts. I (for what it's worth) appreciate your efforts and like some of the stuff you say... Smile

Thanks for being brave enough to pop your head out of your foxhole and showing some support.

However, having taken several deep breaths, valium etc and have decided to call it a day.

Every time I open my mouth (or put fingers to keyboard) the rug is well and truly pulled from under my feet.

Unlike many people on here, I have at least had the decency to go back, clear up a few misunderstandings and make it clear that it hasn't been personal. However, it feels that there's been a free for all to dispute, disregard or otherwise attack most of my postings.

As Terry Wogan would say, "Is it me?". According to this forum, the answer would probably be an outstanding YES.

So, unless I come up with a cure for forumitis or something which cannot be disputed or disregarded, then I shall play no further part in this forum. Since I appear to be more likely to win the lottery (without buying a ticket!!!), I'll consider this to be my last posting.
FuzzyDuck
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Thanks for being brave enough to pop your head out of your foxhole and showing some support.

Brave? Moi? I don't think so... it's just that I'm too old and daft to care if they try and knock my head off... Laughing

...and if your motto is "Is it me?" then mine has to be "Do I come here often?" Wink

TOGs of the World Unite!

Take care

Andy

Proud owner of:
Mio C620t (the new baby) and a Mio C510e
klystron_generator
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="FuzzyDuck"]
Quote:
...and if your motto is "Is it me?" then mine has to be "Do I come here often?" Wink

TOGs of the World Unite!

Janet and John rule the world

oh if only...

apologies to non-TOGs who won't uderstand this
twinfanman
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm sorry if people feel that my approach was wrong and wish that I hadn't started this thread."

Quote:
"sorry it looked like an apology to a 'Newbie' like me"

Quote:
"I'm sorry if this was not clear."

I'm sorry I chose to read this thread from the start! Wink
MioC210user
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm sorry I chose to read this thread from the start!

General Rules
• Please refrain from posting meaningless threads, one word posts, or similar.

Then why, exactly, did you not only read this thread but also chose to leave a meaningless, pointless and somewhat less than helpful post Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
twinfanman
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A light-hearted attempt to inject a little humour into this otherwise funereal thread, is all, therefore a post with meaningful purpose, which is more than can be said of the diatribe common to many of the previous posts! Rolling Eyes

Anyway, I thought you weren't going to post anymore??

Quote:
So, unless I come up with a cure for forumitis or something which cannot be disputed or disregarded, then I shall play no further part in this forum. Since I appear to be more likely to win the lottery (without buying a ticket!!!), I'll consider this to be my last posting.
klystron_generator
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

twinfanman wrote:
A light-hearted attempt to inject a little humour into this otherwise funereal thread, is all, therefore a post with meaningful purpose, which is more than can be said of the diatribe common to many of the previous posts! Rolling Eyes

Anyway, I thought you weren't going to post anymore??

this is why we have to be careful on here with no indicators as to what is serious and what is light hearted

i think one of the points raised has been lack of facial expressions and voice tones...black text is black text is black text

i don't feel that we should be encouraging people not to add any more posts because who's to know that they're not going to have the next headline busting news Question if peoples' postings are not welcome perhaps we should leave it to the team to remove their priveleges Idea but remember we've all probably bent or broken the rules to some degree Sad
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can offer to lock this thread - let me know.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: