Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT6 and CheckPOInt
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT6 and CheckPOInt
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
s3dbw
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Checkpoint runs fine on TT6, no problems at all
bewildered
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, not my experience. Can you confirm which version of checkpoint and which version of TTN6 you use please? As per my previous post, checkpoint seems to object to the TTN6 camera overlay files, which seems quite a fundamental issue. Perhaps I've picked up the wrong Checkpoint? Have I done something silly in the Synchronise task?
s3dbw
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Currently running checkpoint 6 with TTN 6.01
bewildered
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same as me it would appear. Do you have the TTN6 camera overlays installed or did you remove them? They become obsolete of course if you use the Checkpoint ones.
s3dbw
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only camera overlays I use are those from PocketGPS world. I then use Checkpoint to set up the timed warnings along with custom wav files. I dont use the sync capability in Checkpoint any more
bewildered
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, that's interesting. I also use the pocketgps overlays, and I wondered why checkpoint wasn't. So I could drop the TTN6 camera overlays, and all the ones that checkpoint created when I used the synchronise function? Then I need to get checkpoint to use the pocketgps ones instead? Does checkpoint recognise them without any problem?
s3dbw
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Checkpoint should recognise them ok. If you look in overlay settings, the pocketgps poi's should be sitting in the "not synchronised" folder
bewildered
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I'm making good progress now thanks! :D I dropped all the overlays I don't want, and found the pocketgps ones under "not Synchronised" as you say. I've set up suitable sound warnings, and muted sounds on TTN6. I still have this problem that if I start Checkpoint, get the menu, choose "Navigator" menu option to start TTN6, the TTN6 flash screen appears followed by "Failed to load". Sad I then tried starting TTN6 first, going to page 4 and starting Checkpoint from there. This loaded, and when I chose "Navigator" from menu TTN6 re-appeared OK. I then tested a route trough two cameras, and sure enough, the Checkpoint alerts played fine. :D So, nearly there. Just the startup problem. The procedure I tried is too lengthy to be convenient - I might forget to start Checkpoint and miss a camera! Evil or Very Mad This must be a very simple issue - I'l love to get it resolved. Under TTN3 I just started Checkpoint and it, plus TTN3 loaded fine.
s3dbw
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure whats causing the problem, I can either start checkpoint first, hit navigate and it opens TTN6 ok, or I can do it from within TTN6. In both cases the program loads OK. I can only suggest the time honored approach of uninstalling and re-installing to see if it cures the problem.

Personally I generally start TTN6 first then load checkpoint from within the TT6 menu
bewildered
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, thanks for your help with this. If anyone else reading this knows the answer I'll buy you a virtual beer! Laughing I really want to avoid the re-install!
Deep-6
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick note about the Checkpoint start up - I set one of the hardware buttons on my Ipaq 2210 to start up checkpoint from cold, so the PDA was off, I hit the calendar and it would start Checkpoint - if I tried to start TomTOM 6 at that point I would get the error about overlays - to fix, I turned the PDA on now, then hit the shortcut button for checkpint, then TomTom starts up fine and I get all the CheckPOInt warnings...this is with both v6 TomTom and CheckPoint. Hope this helps.
bewildered
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I've made some progress. I found I'd somehow got a copy of TomTom in the Voices directory on SD card. I think I messed up install at some point. Goodness knows why but CheckPoint was running that copy, which failed. Deleted that copy, and now CheckPoint runs TomTom correctly when you select Navigate. :D I have set up voice prompts for PoacketGPS cameras, and it seems to be OK. Sometimes get the system to freeze, but maybe because I was running low on memory? I need to do a proper on-the-road test now.
bewildered
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well first road test failed. Sad No alerts from CheckPoint. Very frustrating. With earlier comments from people about reliability of alerts from Checkpoint & TTN5, I think perhaps I will give up on it and go back to the "Silent voice" option. It's very difficult when there is no way to ask questions about the product to the developers. I know it's free, so I can't expect too much. What a shame. I used it reliably all the time with TTN3. I will have one last try setting just the last alert on all cameras. We shall see.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: