Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Beginner’s Guide
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Beginner’s Guide
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 31, 32, 33  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to drag and drop the files, assuming you've unzipped them, to the directory which contains your map.
912uk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to add to that I felt brave and I cut and pasted the file in to the unit and it doesn't work but !!! I can see PocketPGS world on the unit so I think I am getting there but seam to have done it wrong . I will get there..
912uk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi tim we must have posted at the same time..

Yes I agree with you there so my map is the western European one and I guess this is where I put it all?

Not the big question is for the Tomtom 1 which files

I am going to down load option 3 the full camera package and due to email co** up I think I will just payagain saves the hassel..

I only say which files Tim as the tom tom 1 seams to have a patch files something to do with working on it's side?

So what I don't want to do is paste ALL the files and really mess up the tomtom unit

I feel the faint whif of success on the horizon Stop it!
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 'Work on its side' thing only affects the use of POICapture, not the Speed Camera database.

Don't pay again - email Rob Brady whose email address is on the Contact Us page. He is in the States at the mo but should still get your email.

What you need are the .ov2 and corresponding .bmp files. I just "Extract all" directly to the device using WinXP Explorer.
912uk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

8O looks like I got in a bigger mess. On Fire

Crying or Very sad
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check your Private Messages.
weasal
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I subscribed last week and have paid £2 for the camera database through Paypal which has been acknowledged, but I can't work out where to find the datebase as I don't seem to be recognised as having subscribed. I've also signed up for e-mails and again this isn't recognised on the Home page but when I try to sign uo again, I'm told I've already subscribed.

Can anyone help, please?

Thanks in advance.
RobBrady
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi weasal,

Welcome to the forums!

The newsletter is separate from the membership subscription. You will receive one next time it is sent.

Your payment is still pending. I've pasted payment information form the help section below. Hope this helps.

Q. I've paid using PayPal. Why am I not a Member yet?

A. When you make a payment through PayPal that is funded by Instant Bank Transfer (the vast majority of transactions) we receive your payment and you become a Member immediately.

If you are an existing PayPal customer and do not elect to pay by credit card you therefore elect to pay by a transfer from an existing PayPal account - this transfer takes the form of a virtual cheque, called an eCheque.

All those that are able to use a credit card get instant access.

The rule of thumb is, if you have used PayPal and haven't paid by credit card then you have paid by eCheque.

If you used eCheque we would not have received your payment immediately. Funds will only be received once cleared through the banking system. As soon as payment clears (usually up to 8 working days, but sometimes longer - we have had reports of up to 14 days clearance) you will receive your membership details automatically.

We do mention it on the payment page, but in amongst all the other information, understandably, it can be missed.

Your 1st email subject line from PayPal will read 'Receipt for Your Payment to PocketGPSWorld.com Ltd' whereas the 2nd email will read 'eCheque Payment Complete'.
RDS-mug
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:12 pm    Post subject: Deleting speed cameras Reply with quote

Thinking of subscribing and dwonloading camera database.

Have new Go 710.

a. Do I delete the existing speedcamera info first?
b. Am I right in thinking that when I download your database and install it, my GO will treat cameras of points on interest from then on, rather than as something quite separate now - and, if so, does that mean that the buttons on th GO relating to speedcamera settings and functionality will no longer work?
c. Will this now mean that I can alter the amount of advance warning I get of camers? It seems that I can't do this with the factory instalation.

Sorry if these questions have been posed before - but there are pages and pages of this forum to read through and I haven't found them yet!
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RDS-mug
First, "Welcome" Smile

And to hopefully answer your questions:

a. No, you can keep using the TomTom cameras at the same time. Always useful to get another opinion as to how they compare. Most people seem to ditch the TT ones after they have tried the PGPSW ones though!

b. Yes PGPSW cameras are treated as POI categories (as were the TomTom-supplied ones until the latest software release), so the special menu items will not work for them. There is however a VERY similar free add-on from this site called "POI Capture" which does the same sort of thing.

c. Yes, warning distances and alert sounds (or even better, real voices) are all easily changed and customised.

Get started with the beginners' guides and FAQs from THIS PAGE
RDS-mug
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info and the welcome! Will give it a try when I get a moment. Must say I'm paranoid about doing things to the unit since it is currently working perfectly and I always fear I muck things up if I fiddle!

One very good thing - I was nervous about buying Tom Tom having read so much negative stuff about the mount and power loss. Having looked at other units though, I still preferred TT so I took a deep breath and dived in. So far (!) very impressed and no problem with the mount whatsoever. Can't see how it could possibly come loose and lose power and can't see how how it would droop!.

Notwithstanding that, have ordered my free dock from TT and have received confirmation that it's on its way!
nigelsime
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 5:30 pm    Post subject: Downloading POI's for Navigator 5 Palm Treo 650 Reply with quote

Hi
I've just read your article on downloading POI's for Nav 5 but it doesn't seem to cover Palm instalation, only Pocket PC versions.

I have tried using Palm install, but it doesn't recognise *.inf or *.itn files.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IIRC for PalmOS the easiest way is to copy the files using a card reader.
weasal
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob. Thanks for that.

I'll wait a bit longer!
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Beginner’s guide to the PocketGPSWorld camera database Reply with quote

Hi Aulus,

Aulus wrote:
Just thought I'd point out that CoPilot 6 now uses .ov2 files, which makes updating massively easier.

It means, though, that maybe Privateers original message should be re-written when time allows.

Thanks for the post. I have in rewritten the instructions on the first page of this thread. Apologies for the delay in editing the text about CoPilot.

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 19 of 33

Jump to: