Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Tomtom 6 DOES work on N80 phones!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Tomtom 6 DOES work on N80 phones!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VomitySpice
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've cracked and have updated my firmware to V4. Perhaps Tomtom were right about the bluetooth problem.....

I have a number of lock ups which meant that I had to pull the battery out of the phone to kill it. I'll report back if firmware V4 has the same difficulty!
dhevans_6
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the sound level like on your N80 whilst driving?
I have a nice and loud set up at the moment with my 6600 and a Nokia car charger/speaker (crummy old Clio with no air con so drive with windows down half the time)...
rowl3y
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm i have my n80 working woth the tomtom with the v3 firewire but

the gps keep dropping

ania idea's
adamf
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

your n80 must have v4 firmware or it keeps losing bluetooth conection and the text is soo small due to the nice high res screen so get some glasses??????????
tiggybear
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:24 am    Post subject: Paying full price for software Reply with quote

I have no problem paying full price for official navigation software but so often it seems not to work. I bought a copy of Route66 direct from Route66 after seeing on their site that it was compatible with my N80. It was not and always locked up after just a few turns. After several (international rate) phone calls to Route66 they admitted that their sofware would not work with the Nokia N80 and it was Nokias fault!!
Eventually they agreed on a refund if I returned the product at my expense back to them. Their customer support was very bad.

Until Nokia and the respective software companies get their acts together and supply working, guaranteed products then I think they should stop bleating when so many people find themselves reluctant to part with their hard-earned money for something with a 50/50 chance of working.
damianiw
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:23 pm    Post subject: Sad to hear Reply with quote

It's Sad to hear the problems people are having with various GPS software and phones, it is ultimately up to the software vendor as they should test their software FULLY before selling it as compatible for phones.

Unfortunately some seem to be poor at this, be it the phone makers fault for telling developers incorrect info on newer models or the vendor not updating the applications - it ends up being bad press for the phone manufacturer.

Trial versions should be available or full refund guarantees but this is the way we are nowdays, I have NEC dvd 1300 dvd writer from dell which is a big festering pile of **** and they know all the problems yet still sold them for 12 months!
tiggybear
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:16 am    Post subject: Upgraded firmware on N80 Reply with quote

I poked around on the Nokia website and found that the nearest Nokia service centre was nearby - Aerial Telephones in Portsmouth. They took my N80 and upgraded the firmware from v3 to v4 free of charge and at no risk to me. Now all works fine on the TomTom and it doesn't drop the GPS connection anymore.

- I notice that the screen is a little jerkier than TomTom 5 was on my old 6680 but I'm putting that down to the amount of computing power that the high-res screen requires. (Only a minor quibble and it's not too jerky, just a bit). Does anyone else get this or could it be down to a slow card? I run the whole thing from the 2GB Transcend memory card.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: