Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Cline.dat - Can't copy from CF Card
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Cline.dat - Can't copy from CF Card

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deep-6
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:12 pm    Post subject: Cline.dat - Can't copy from CF Card Reply with quote

Hi there,

I received a new larger faster CF card this morning. I am trying to copy my legally bought install of TTN6 from my old CF card to my new one. I have managed to copy every single file from my original CF card to my hard disk, but cannot for the life of me copy cline.dat, which is around 100MB.

I get such issues as i/o errors when trying to copy it from my card reader hooked up to my PC's usb port. I am running this on an Ipag 2210 I have even tried to do within the Ipag itself from the Cf card to an SD card with similar errors.

Is it to do with the fact that the software has been activated and somehow TomTom has locked the file to the card? How can I manage to get this file off then?

Any help appreciated! :-)
oddsock
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do it by creating a folder on the desktop called cf backup then copy and past the drive letter of your card reader to this folder ..then put in the new blank card ....open the folder that contains the contents of the old card ....edit..select all ...copy and paste back into the card reader drive ..you have to make sure the folder options are set to "show all files"

Dave
Eldar
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deep-6 Why can't you simply install it again on the new card?
Deep-6
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eldar wrote:
Deep-6 Why can't you simply install it again on the new card?

Hi Eldar and oddsock,

TTN6 came preloaded on SD card, so originally I copied all of that to a 512MB CF card and installed it to my h2210 from there. When I got the new CF card, I was at work, and the original SD card was at home, no big deal I thought, I could just copy everything via a flash card reader in the office to the new larger CF card, but the copy kept dying at cline.dat.

I copied off every single other file and folder, but I am guessing cline.dat is corrupted or the area on the flash card holding that file is. When I got home I just recopied off the original SD to the new card, and got TTN6 up and running and restored my POI's settings etc from the old CF card.

So now, all is well, but thanks both of you for the advice! Thumbs Up

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: