Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navigator 6 on a Nokia N80
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navigator 6 on a Nokia N80

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chipfork
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 3:40 pm    Post subject: Navigator 6 on a Nokia N80 Reply with quote

Has anyone installed Navigator 6 on a Nokia N80, I believe it is supported as Navigator 6 has an install for Symbian UIQ 3rd Edition Mobiles?
A few questions for anyone that has:

- What's your overall impression; appearance on the N80 hi-res screen and overall performance?

- How did you configure the install for the phone? I've purchased the DVD package which has installed TomTom Home and that recognises my Windows devices (PDA) but not my phone which is connected/managed through Nokia PC Suite.

- How does the TomTom activation work? I've currently installed a copy on my PDA, however if the phone install works well then I'd like to deactivate the PDA copy and activate a copy on the phone.

Unfortunately the TomTom documentation is very limited, there's a chunky quick start guide but only because it covers many languages. The TomTom & TTCode sites seem pretty limited, information wise that is.

Thanks Wink
TuurG
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't N80 running Symbian S60 3rd Edition?
You can re-activate after 7 days, any next activation requires a wait of 180 days. Or you need to contact TT Support with a proof of purchase or repair, which explains your changed device code.

The installation works via card reader or directly the the phone via USB mode, not via PC Suite.
chipfork
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TuurG wrote:
Isn't N80 running Symbian S60 3rd Edition?

My mistake, I'd assumed UIQ and S60 3rd Edition were one in the same. The N80 is in the compatibility list so I guess the S60 install is the one I want. Does this mean that the Symbian version on N70 is no longer supported?

Presently when my N80 is USB connected it asks how it wants to be managed, I've tried all the options but none allows the phone to be shown as a Windows Mobile device. I'll do some digging to see if there's a procedure on the Nokia site.

As for the activation, from what I've read once you have a device code you can't relinquish it. If the phone install meets my needs then I'll pass on the PDA (minus TomTom). However given that we change phones regularly, reliability issues and new for old swaps being the biggest issue, I'd like to be ensure that I don't run out of installs.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: