Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - which pda/gps
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

which pda/gps

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nacoya
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:42 pm    Post subject: which pda/gps Reply with quote

Hiya,

i wish to purchase a pds/gps.

I have looked at the mio p550 but am reading about problems getting a lock and problems with the coms ports and set up using tomtom5. I like it's bluetooth and wifi connectivity as well though.

(sorry for the non-technical discussion. this will be my first gps).

I have a budget of £250.

I will be using it as a gps to get to clients addresses and also the pda for managing those appointments etc.

So which should i look at.

thanks in advance.
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you need phone functionality too? The Mio A701 is good value

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
nacoya
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,

nope i don't need phone capability. and the 701 is more expensive i think.

i was looking at

the mio p350
P550 - cause it's wifi but then do i really need that.
navman 570 ?
garmin i4

first and foremost i want a good fast reliable gps but then also want to be able to look up an appointment and then with one press of a button set the gps mapping to take me there. And viewing images and playing mp3s would be a bonus hence something with mobile windows on it.

That's about it really.

If i go the mio i need to get maps. So is the tomtom5 mapping the best or what ?

sorry this is all basic stuff to you all.

cheers
MaDProFF
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:33 pm    Post subject: The best mobile/phone/windows/pda with GPS reciever ATM Reply with quote

I have sepnt the last few days, searching for a replacment to my ipac with a sys CF gps receiver, fed up with tom tom getting lost because of the battery going flat because i not use it that often

SO I want a good mobile phone with a built in GPS reciever, thats runs good nav software that has the safety camera database on it to warn me.
I guess it has to be windows, would prefer a qwerty keyboard, though that is the last requirement

I was hoping the HTC TyTN fitted my requirements but no built in gps reciever, damm shame as it looks a good unit

Looked at the mio 701, it looks a good unit and not a bad price, loads of bits in box 2, but I not so sure the phone is any good and that would be a pain, heard some mixed reports, well read
HTC P3300 again looks good but little info atm, and dammed expensive, as I am paying for tom tom again as I have tomtom 5 all ready
no nothing about any others any sugestions,
Live in the uk and on o2
nicchil
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could always add the Yakomo Delta X to that list.
Has SirFstar III and also bluetooth. Its similar to the Mio's except its got a 300MHz version of the processor and doesn't have the easily replaceable battery.

Its priced around the £180 mark, so an option if you wanted bluetooth (e.g. for TomTom TMC.

I'm settled on the P550, since if you want more than just navigation (otherwise a PND would be best) thenmay as well get features already in.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 7:02 pm    Post subject: Re: The best mobile/phone/windows/pda with GPS reciever ATM Reply with quote

MaDProFF wrote:
HTC P3300 again looks good but little info atm, and dammed expensive, as I am paying for tom tom again as I have tomtom 5 all ready
no nothing about any others any sugestions,
Live in the uk and on o2
Try doing a search on the O2 XDA Orbit (its the same device as the P3300), if you are on contract with O2 this could be a cheap solution, no prices are available as yet, neither is the device available in the UK yet, give it a few weeks though - Mike
MaDProFF
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, but in the end i got an HP HW6915, and it is great, finally one peice of kit that does everything and pretty well as well,
mcewena
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nacoya wrote:
hi,

nope i don't need phone capability. and the 701 is more expensive i think.

i was looking at

the mio p350
P550 - cause it's wifi but then do i really need that.
navman 570 ?
garmin i4

I just bought a Asus A636n and I'm very impressed, it came packaged with destinator6 (maybe different package in your market) which will take an address from your outlook contacts (I haven't tested that yet), the GPS is very sensitive (gets a read from my living room sofa with the antena still tucked in). Has blue tooth and wifi for less then the price of the Garmin PDA.

You can buy the 632 (no wifi) and save about $50.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: