Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Can't even find next door with my new icn 520
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Can't even find next door with my new icn 520
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GEDD wrote:
Gee-Pee wrote:
So why so coy GEDD Question Thought this forum was all about helping others Wink What's your secret Question

You got pm....i'll leave it to you mate.

Thanks for the PM GEDD. A little more titillation won't do any harm Wink For those still confused Confused , why not go and have a look on Ebay. Try 'Navman' & 'Software' Idea
darrenwright
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mmmm....I take it these postcode updates your on about are downloaded to your POI's.....i would rather wait for the offical Navman update than using my POI's for extended postcodes like the one's you can buy on ebay & the net, As i would rather use my POI's for more important info.
GEDD
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes they are put in your poi folder and work very well but the trick is not to put in all so it don't cause a slowdown...anyway why put regions in that you won't use as they are split in four.....what inportant poi's are you talking about...poi's are very small anyway....i think the only large one is the cam database....oh and the upates are not free either so navman can keep their update and i'll stick with my poi posty's. Very Happy
Godfather40
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:42 pm    Post subject: Navman iCN 520 Reply with quote

Hi,
How did you install the seven digit post code feature, I visited the Navman site this morning and they appear to have withdrawn the iCN5xx map support as they no longer list any upgrades of European or UK maps as available for the 510 or 520 only Australian or New Zealand maps. Does anyone know of an alternative supplier as even the last updates were 4 years old.
Godfather40
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:43 pm    Post subject: Navman iCN 520 Reply with quote

Hi,
How did you install the seven digit post code feature, I visited the Navman site this morning and they appear to have withdrawn the iCN5xx map support as they no longer list any upgrades of European or UK maps as available for the 510 or 520 only Australian or New Zealand maps. Does anyone know of an alternative supplier as even the last updates were 4 years old.
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Navman iCN 520 Reply with quote

Godfather40 wrote:
Hi,

Firstly, Godfather40, try not to double post. Wink

If you wait until later this month (according to Navman) there will be a new update of maps and software. Don't know how much but watch their website or possible an announcement on this site. They say that this will come as a package (Maps and software).
robertn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GodFather40: - You can't get maps from anyone else. All the manufactures use a proprietory format.
The latest maps aren't 4 years old. Read the numerous posts in this forum regarding the age of maps and the process it takes to get them onto your device.
Godfather40
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:55 pm    Post subject: Navman iCN510 Latest Maps Reply with quote

The latest maps which Navman were selling for the 510 / 520 were actualy 3 years old, I purchased the update in early August and the maps disks are labeled ' Maps for Europe 2004.2 '. Navman admitted by Email that the maps are actualy over 3 years old even though they advertise twice yearly map updates?
robertn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have thought that 2004.2 (Second Quater 2004) maps were 2.5 years old now. In early August they were arguably 2 years old. You have complained they are four, and now three years old.

Have you read the earlier posts? I am not saying the situation is ideal - far from it, but by making blatently incorrect assertations, no one will ever take you seriously - including me.

In future, if you stick to the facts, you will find you get more responsive and constructive answers to your problems.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: