Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Parking Stys
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Parking Stys

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dllegal
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:24 pm    Post subject: Parking Stys Reply with quote

Would there be any use having the location of police vehicle parking bays on Motorways? (So the boys in blue couldn't hide there).

(This would adjunct to the idea of adding mobile traps from internet pre-publications) http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=46841.

N
IanE
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this idea. The 2 at either end of the Irwell Valley (M60 17-16) were on the database up until a couple of revisions ago.
lupos0_1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You would get a lot of warnings if all the parking areas for police were made into POI's. Currently, only the ones that are known to be used by the police (M4 J9-10) are being submitted.
Latest Maps
(Internal GPS)
dllegal
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:32 pm    Post subject: but surely Reply with quote

but surely, if they were in a separate database, loading the database or not would be an option. Personally I'd like to add a specific bleep for them so that I glance left to see if they are sitting there ready to pounce!.
IanE
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lupos0_1 wrote:
You would get a lot of warnings if all the parking areas for police were made into POI's. Currently, only the ones that are known to be used by the police (M4 J9-10) are being submitted.

But the areas are there for the police to use, and they could be there any time, so doesn't that fulfil the criteria for Mobile sites?

[/devils advocate] Wink
Tumbleweed
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lupos0_1 wrote:

You mean as opposed to nearly every bridge over the M6 being marked asa mobile site? (except the one that did have a speedcam on it 2 weeks ago!)

Tw
lupos0_1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are there for the police to use, but currently only use a certain amount.

To put it another way, the police could be sat waiting on every corner of any road in the country. The database would become useless if people reported every Parking Stys on the motorway.

As for the camera on the M6, did you report it and more importantly, did you get caught Question
Latest Maps
(Internal GPS)
Tumbleweed
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lupos0_1 wrote:
They are there for the police to use, but currently only use a certain amount.

To put it another way, the police could be sat waiting on every corner of any road in the country. The database would become useless if people reported every Parking Stys on the motorway.

Thats my feeling about reporting bridges over motorways as potential mobile locations.

lupos0_1 wrote:
As for the camera on the M6, did you report it and more importantly, did you get caught Question

No I didnt report it becase I had no way of marking the location but also, see above, whats the point in reporting it, since nearly every bridge is a potential mobile location.

And I didnt get caught for two reasons, I wasnt speeding (you could see it from some way off), and also because it was above the other carriageway, ie southbound, I was going north. I know it wasnt there on my return the next day as there were no mobile cameras on any bridges.

Tw

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: