Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT Navigator 6 - Received from TomTom this morning
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT Navigator 6 - Received from TomTom this morning
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Deep-6,

Deep-6 wrote:
I have just ordered TomTom 6 on Mini SD for my Ipaq 2210 from easydevices. I'm aware its supposedly not yet compatible or tested, but a few posts on this site said it does work.

I have run TomTom Navigator 6 for some time on an iPAQ H2210 as my daily SatNav. The combination works well.

Deep-6 wrote:
I want to order a bigger SD card, will I be able to use TomTom Home to backup the existing card and restore to a brand new card or will TomTom only work with the SD card it came with?

Personally I’d use a card reader to copy the SD card straight onto your new storage card before you do anything with the TomTom SD card. You then have a vanilla backup card, i.e. one with no changes/modifications straight from TomTom, which you should store in a safe place together with your product code.

If you use a Bluetooth GPS receiver, I’d use a CF card instead of an SD card. This is because some 2210s have an issue with an SD card when used with a BT GPS receiver.

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree theft is wrong but the pretentious people on here who whinge every time they suspect someone of it should go out and get a life.

Who cares if they don't like some thief stealing software, it was not their software that was stolen and I don't want to hear their views on it.

If I learn from a comment made by a software thief about a product I am waiting to buy I am happy.
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrT wrote:

Who cares if they don't like some thief stealing software, it was not their software that was stolen and I don't want to hear their views on it.

Ah so theft is OK as long as it not from you. As a generous person I am sure that you would want to extend that principle to your family and mates (but maybe not the in-laws?).

And the only views that should be expressed on this site are ones that you agree with

Sounds pretty tolerant to me Rolling Eyes
Copilot for USA
Bury CC9060 bluetooth car kit & Brodit mount
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrT wrote:
I agree theft is wrong but the pretentious people on here who whinge every time they suspect someone of it should go out and get a life.

If I learn from a comment made by a software thief about a product I am waiting to buy I am happy.

What a strange outlook! Still, if the software thieves didn't post about their findings here, you wouldn't have to read replies expressing disgust. Ergo it is the fault of the software thieves.
patrac
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for all those with an hp 2210 worrying about tt6 compatability check this page it clearly lists it as compatible.
Edit once Mike Alder to sort link text out.
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrac wrote:
for all those with an hp 2210 worrying about tt6 compatability check this page it clearly lists it as compatible.
Edit once Mike Alder to sort link text out.

Well patrac, I wouldn't trust that Compatibility list for two reasons. First, it isn't TomTom's list it is Handtec's and second, it lists the iPAQ3970 as compatible, which it isn't, at least not with PPC2002.
FrequentFlyer
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

90kiwi wrote:
TTN6 for iPAQ 6500/6900 can be ordered from:

http://www.tomtom.com/gpsnavigation/

Hope this helps!

Are you quite sure? Everything seems to be referenced to TT5, not 6...apart from the 'introduction.'
hope68
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FrequentFlyer wrote:
90kiwi wrote:

Hope this helps!

Are you quite sure? Everything seems to be referenced to TT5, not 6...apart from the 'introduction.'

Hiya,

try http://www.tomtom.com/gpsnavigation/index.php?Page=regionmaps&Language=1
hope68
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hope68 wrote:
FrequentFlyer wrote:
90kiwi wrote:

Hope this helps!

Hiya,

try http://www.tomtom.com/gpsnavigation/index.php?Page=regionmaps&Language=1

Sorry, just saw that under "in the box" it says TT5 Embarassed

cu Peter

PS: Is there somewhere an edit-Button to edit a posting?
Deep-6
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Privateer,

Privateer wrote:
Hi Deep-6,

I have run TomTom Navigator 6 for some time on an iPAQ H2210 as my daily SatNav. The combination works well.

Glad to hear this! Thank you for confirming

Privateer wrote:

Personally I’d use a card reader to copy the SD card straight onto your new storage card before you do anything with the TomTom SD card. You then have a vanilla backup card, i.e. one with no changes/modifications straight from TomTom, which you should store in a safe place together with your product code.

Good plan. How large is the card that comes with TomTom 6? I've only gone for the GB maps and am currently using a Panasonic 256MB card. Hopefully this will be enough for the app, maps and some extra soundfiles for traffic warnings.

Privateer wrote:

If you use a Bluetooth GPS receiver, I’d use a CF card instead of an SD card. This is because some 2210s have an issue with an SD card when used with a BT GPS receiver.

I did manage to pair a cheapo BT receiver with my 2210, but could not get TomTom to see it, no matter what I tried. This was with an SD memory card. I didn't know about that issue, so thanks for the heads up.

I'll be using it with a Globalsat BR-355, as reviewed on this very site. Its a cracking receiver, such strong reception, but then it is mounted outside on the roof of my car.

I got the despatch notice from easydevices, so only a few hours to go till its in my hands, but knowing Citylink, I'll be picking up my goods from them again.

Thanks for the help Privateer, i can't wait to try it out!
1542Bell
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:46 am    Post subject: Will your TT % maps still work with this new version Reply with quote

90kiwi wrote:
Ordered it via TomTom website for iPAQ 6500/6900 users. With a discount as well!
ROBBINS
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Does anyone know if TT6 will run on a HP iPAQ 4700. I might buy version 6, but dont want to buy a new PDA.

Robbins
andyjenkins
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi "Robbins",

There were plenty of reports of folk using the beta version on a HX4700 with no problems - so unless TomTom introduced something between the Beta release and the GA release to cease this functionality (highly unlikely), I'd say there's a 99% chance that it will work perfectly fine.

I'm just about to order TT6 from EasyDevices for my HX4700 / BT-338 combo .. I'm not expecting any problems.
hope68
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya,

I think the Problem is TT-Home.

I received a mail from TT yesterday saying that during the installation process TT will verify if u have a compatible device or not. If not compatible then no installation.

And then the last sentence from the Support was the one that concerned me:
We would advise u not to buy TT6 until the dynamic list is updatet and ur device is on the list.
They never said such a thing before

cu Peter
StevePritchard
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is TT Home? Do I have to install it? I see no purpose or benefit installing TomTom software on my PC - I just want Sat Nav on my PDA.

Chers,

Steve

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: