Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - JUst got my Holux 236
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

JUst got my Holux 236

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
markmcrobie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 6:47 pm    Post subject: JUst got my Holux 236 Reply with quote

A few questions:

1) How on Earth do I check the firmware? I can connect it via Bluetooth to my PC, open SiRFDemo, connect the device to the program on COM4, but all the options in the Poll menu stay greyed out.

2) Julie from Holux said in another thread that it isn't advisable to upgrade the firmware over Bluetooth, and that a PSP USB cable work - but whenever I plug a USB PSP cable into the 236 and then my PC, Windows continually pops up a balloon saying "USB Device not recognized" - and I mean *continually*, not pop-up once and stay there, I mean every second the balloon just keeps popping up with the same message. If I go into Device Manager, I notice it just keeps refreshing every second until I unplug the PSP USB cable - although I never see a device with the little exclamation show up

3) Is there anyway in TomTom 6 to get it to to connect to my 236 as soon as they are in range? At present every time I want to use Tom Tom I have to go into it, go to Preferences, go to GPS, choose Configure, choose "Other Bluetooth Receiver", choose "COM6" then click Done (and yes, I have the 236 and O2 XDA Mini paired up in the device's Bluetooth settings, and I have set my XDA to have an outgoing COM port to the 236 (COM6)

Thanks
AllyCat
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

1) You could try installing SirfTech on your PPC, but (as with SirfDemo) DON'T fiddle with commands that you don't understand, or you may kill the GPS!

2) The "USB PSP" cables that I've Googled are NOT suitable. The 236 has a serial interface (even though it uses a mini USB connector), so you need the special "soap on a rope" type of converter cable.

3) I can't comment on TT6 because AFAIK it's not legally released yet!

Cheers, Alan.
Memory Map (v5.4.2 & v5.1.3 OS & Euro), GPS gate,OSGPSconverter.
markmcrobie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TT6 is legally available
dannyoneill
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easydevices sell TT6.

3. Yes, what yovue done is fine and works when you start, just give tomtom 1-2 minutes to start bluetooth and connect to your device.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: