Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Mapsource Metroguide Europe V7
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Mapsource Metroguide Europe V7
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beerbellybill999
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Metrowizz is a wizz Reply with quote

afterall wrote:
Used Metrowizz last night to load up my maps of France and Spain, piece of cake to use and was able to transfer directly to the connected i3 and saved mapsets straight to the installed 512mb sd card.

Much easier than the method I posted above, so just follow the wizard instructions included within the program.

A

I am glad you like it. It only came out in july and i only came across it recently by chance!

Its and excellent program. It would be good if it could be added to the FAQ's as this comes up guite often
casablanca
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Metrowizz is a wizz Reply with quote

afterall wrote:
Used Metrowizz last night to load up my maps of France and Spain, piece of cake to use and was able to transfer directly to the connected i3 and saved mapsets straight to the installed 512mb sd card.

Much easier than the method I posted above, so just follow the wizard instructions included within the program.

A

Just returned from France where I used routable Metroguide using Metrowizz. Absolutely spot on.
Metrowizz is a far,far better way to route Metroguide than the other complicated systems.
Only thing I noticed while in France was that on roundabouts, instead of the voice (mine is called Mandy) instructing,"take the second/third exit etc. she just says,"turn right then turn right. I changed to kilometers while there, so that might have something to do with it.
I haven't had a chance to try it out back here on miles to see if she had reverted back.
Beerbellybill999
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:44 am    Post subject: Re: Metrowizz is a wizz Reply with quote

casablanca wrote:
afterall wrote:

A

Just returned from France where I used routable Metroguide using Metrowizz. Absolutely spot on.
Metrowizz is a far,far better way to route Metroguide than the other complicated systems.
Only thing I noticed while in France was that on roundabouts, instead of the voice (mine is called Mandy) instructing,"take the second/third exit etc. she just says,"turn right then turn right. I changed to kilometers while there, so that might have something to do with it.
I haven't had a chance to try it out back here on miles to see if she had reverted back.

Metroguide was designed for loaded onto a pc so that you could load POI etc onto your GPS,not for actual GPS use. Metrowizz and other methods manage to cheat the system. The roundabout problem is a known limitation with the voice comands but the Map on the GPS screen is always correct,therefore always check the screen on roundabouts the check the exact exit. You will also notice that metroguide takes longer to detect if you have taken the wrong route before it recalculates.

That said, its a lot cheaper that other methods. It all depends if you will use the maps on a regular basis or not. This won't be a problem in the USA as they don't have many roundabouts
casablanca
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:51 am    Post subject: Re: Metrowizz is a wizz Reply with quote

Beerbellybill999 wrote:
casablanca wrote:
afterall wrote:

A

Metroguide was designed for loaded onto a pc so that you could load POI etc onto your GPS,not for actual GPS use. Metrowizz and other methods manage to cheat the system. The roundabout problem is a known limitation with the voice comands but the Map on the GPS screen is always correct,therefore always check the screen on roundabouts the check the exact exit. You will also notice that metroguide takes longer to detect if you have taken the wrong route before it recalculates.

That said, its a lot cheaper that other methods. It all depends if you will use the maps on a regular basis or not. This won't be a problem in the USA as they don't have many roundabouts

OK, thanks for that, but as for recalculating, I misinterpreted the instruction a few times down French country lanes, but Mandy came back with the dreaded "recalculating" very quickly. I don't think it was any slower than the original UK software.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: