Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Garmin Nuvi 360 - not loud enough?!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Garmin Nuvi 360 - not loud enough?!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rawhide
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:30 pm    Post subject: Garmin Nuvi 360 - not loud enough?! Reply with quote

I've taken delivery of a Nuvi 360. It seems to work fine but I can't hear it!

I've put the volume up to the top but it's still not audible even driving at slowish speeds. Garmin say I need to hardwire it to the stereo Sad

My i3 I could hear no problem at level 3.

I don't suppose I can improve this at all. Garmin suggested it was lowered to help with battery life Confused
russo109
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try using one of the different voices such as daniel which sounds clearer etc then the one which the unit comes preselected with :D
Dilcymro
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rawhide,
regarding your problem, I took delivery of mine a few weeks ago and on first using it found it to be very quiet. Obviously I turned the volume down and then up again, turned it on and off, still the same. then used it for a few days just in navigation mode on short journes and lo and behold the volume is now bang on, I even had to turn it down one day.

I think it needed a bit of time to settle in as they say, give it two or three days and just use it whilst driving around and run it off the power cable in the car , not on the batteries. I think you might find that it will "settle" down just like mine. If not you know where to come.

Regards....DIL

n4nick
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

On good road surfaces I find the Nuvi okay when navigating but you do need to have it close to max. volume. On poor surfaces or when using the bluetooth phone connection it's poor and there is too much distortion at max. volume. Shame that you can use a bluetooth headset with the unit. Crying or Very sad

Nick
partnervanman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you noticed where the speaker holes are? When you put the Nuvi into the cradles they get covered up. Bad design, i was contemplating biying some powered speakers.

Why should we have to do these things tho?

Why should we have these problems when we are paying £400/ why shoul we have to weigh up which sat nav has the least amount of problems. Its annoying!
Scarecrow
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to admit that on local journeys, I find the constant narration of instructions a distraction, and tend to use the unit for ETA and speed camera notification only, with the voice turned off.

However, for those who prefer to be told where to go all the time, or for just listening to MP3s, have you tried playing the sound through your car stereo? You can either use a cassette adapter or with one of those mini FM transmitters, both of which will plug into the earphone socket on the lower right hand side of your Nuvi?
Yeoman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem with using the stereo is that I like to listen to the radio/cd's on my travels.
I have adopted a very basic solution. I attach a single earpiece to the unit which doesn't restrict me hearing and I can still hear the stereo and other sounds around me but hear instructions and warnings loud and clear. It also has the added benefit that any passengers do not have to listen to instructions.
It would be even better if I could use my bluetooth earpiece and better still if there was enough volume from the unit that all this was unnecessary.
Rawhide
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to all. I've tried using 'Daniel' and it does sound a bit clearer. However that was off the cradle.

I had thought about wiring in the unit but I like a mimimalist dash which is one of the reasons I went for this unit.

I hope it does settle in but I'm not really sure thats how these things work Sad Frustrating as I know Garmin could fix this with some sort of patch.
MattCupra
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a Nuvi 300 and my unit is plenty loud enough I don't even need it turned up full.

You can test the speakers from the diagnostic menus (press & hold the time for about 5 seconds to access)

Re the cradle covering the speakers, the nuvi has 2 speakers, left & right so the cradle being in the middle should cover them.
lexicon
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MattCupra wrote:
I've got a Nuvi 300 and my unit is plenty loud enough I don't even need it turned up full.

You can test the speakers from the diagnostic menus (press & hold the time for about 5 seconds to access)

Re the cradle covering the speakers, the nuvi has 2 speakers, left & right so the cradle being in the middle should cover them.

The unit only has one speaker. Looking from the back, its on the left, partly obscured by the mount (or the GPS antenna if it's closed).
The rest of the "speaker grill" is a dummy.
When you do the left/right/both speaker test, it all comes out the same.
However the audio jack is stereo and that works for left/right/both tests.

Curiously, my manual says the audio jack is a power socket!!!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: