Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - please tell me why....
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

please tell me why....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mufctomtom1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:07 pm    Post subject: please tell me why.... Reply with quote

Hi can you please tell me why after downloading your speed camera databases as i usually do every month for my tom tom one, that it now shows on the m60 motorway manchester, between junctions 5-10, speed camera's that have been removed over a couple of months ago, my tom tom displays approx 10 locations either way as i run the gauntlet of 'phantom camera's and a multitude of bells and whistle's' the previous months database was spot on no warnings cause there's no camera's ???

This is also evident on my Girlfriends tom tom one.

Hope someone can help me as to why,or how it can be rectified..

Cheers Sad
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can give me the GATSO ID's of the cameras in question I'll investigate.
mufctomtom1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:09 am    Post subject: re... Reply with quote

Sorry for sounding a bit wet behind the ears but not sure of what you mean on our tom tom ones with the august databases during the roadworks the speed was down to 40mph gatso's on the m60 motorway manchester between junctions 5 - 10 northernden to trafford park and vice versa on way back

Not sure if this helps or is what you wanted

Cheers and thanks Confused
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cameras around this section of motorway were removed some time ago, the latest Speed Camera database contains nothing of note in this area.
Have you left an old camera file on the TomTom units which is still set to warn you? - this often occurs when people switch from the Consolodated by type database to a speed zoned set up.

If this is not the case the database I have just checked was availabe from the 18th of Aug. (Since the release I have driven around the M60 three times, and the database is accurately reflecting the conditions), certain new SPECS cameras around Middleton have been submitted for alteration (minor positional corrections) but otherwise it is spot on -
Mike
mufctomtom1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:27 pm    Post subject: re... Reply with quote

Thanks Mike for taking the time to try & help me, ive re downloaded the latest database, added it to my tom tom one folder ( i always use the speed zoned set up of a download) ive powered my unit on & done a demo towards the trafford centre and its still showing up the camera's even thou ive gone throu overwritting excisting 0v2 files

only happened with recent database ?

hope to hear soon...
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just re-driven the M60 through that section again today and heard nothing from the unit, Well one warning did go off as its a GATSO on a very close adjacent road near juntion 7) my mates Garmin i3 went off twice with a warning BUT he has the early July database loaded.

The only other idea - how have you got the device set up for warnings? is the "Warn Only if POI On Route" check box ticked? if not you are probably getting alerts from cameras along the adjacent roads, there are quite a few around that area.

Check which files you have installed on the device that end with a file extension of .ov2 (these are the POI files) make sure what is installed on the device is what you expect to see, compare it with the downloaded database. Mike
mib150
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does downloading the latest file completely update or does it just add to the list of cameras??

Thanks MIB
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mib150 wrote:
Does downloading the latest file completely update or does it just add to the list of cameras??

Thanks MIB

It completely overwrites the older database.
JockTamsonsBairn
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
mib150 wrote:

Thanks MIB

It completely overwrites the older database.
As long as you don't ALSO have an older different version too. E.g. if you have an older SingleFile version and then update with SpeedZoned, unless you remove the SingleFile (or at least disable the warning) you'll still get the warning for cameras not in the latest version.

Also, it used to be that, and I haven't checked recent releases, if there were no cameras in a particular class, then no file was included in the download, rather than an empty file being included. If you simply copy and paste all the new files, you would still be left with the old file for that particular class e.g. Temp40.

TomTom Go 940 LIVE (9.510, Europe v915.5074 on SD & 8.371, WCE v875.3613 on board)
mufctomtom1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 5:08 pm    Post subject: Thanks guys Reply with quote

Thank you guys ive now sorted my tom tom one, i had the sc version on my tt 1 as well as zoned speed camera's so it was conflicting like you said. ive downloaded the brand new database as of today 15/9/06 & done demo runs both ways & my unit is spot on.

Be lost without you guys, you help us all out keep up the good work

cheers...... :D

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: