Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - New Patch available for CoPilot 6
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

New Patch available for CoPilot 6
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BMWBiker
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PONDEROUS wrote:

Can anyone point to anything at all in this patch that warrants the time taken to download and install it?

No, this patch just wasted an hour of my time, without any benefit.
Navman sleeve (3400)
Blue Tooth GPS
Robin2
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can now change from wave to TTS speech from inside the PPC
Robin
Plus a lot of other PDA GPS kit, seldom used
PhilB
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I searched the European support website and couldn't find a patch so followed the link on the original post. Am I right in thinking that the patch is for the US version and not the UK version?

Confused of Cheshire
jonajuna
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhilB wrote:
I searched the European support website and couldn't find a patch so followed the link on the original post. Am I right in thinking that the patch is for the US version and not the UK version?

Confused of Cheshire

what he said Smile

and as i dont have the "voice at start up problem" no desire to change keyboard or voices "on the fly" and can cope with driving while im walking, is there any value in applying this patch?

yours a generally happy copilot user (but im a satnav n00b so its still all fun for me ;) )
PONDEROUS
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robin2 writes:

Quote:
You can now change from wave to TTS speech from inside the PPC

Actually, 6.0.0.77 had that sorted out already (I see you have 6.0.0.68 which hadn’t). Presumably there must be something…

PhilB writes:

Quote:
Am I right in thinking that the patch is for the US version and not the UK version?

I expect you are right. However, I, and I imagine, others, am assuming that, as with CP 5, the only practical difference will be that it might be necessary to replace a few speech and text files to un-Americanise the version. For example, it might be necessary to replace Circles with Roundabouts.
Dell Axims X50v & X30 (both WM 2003 2nd Edition). Copilot BTGPS3 and Fortuna Clip-on BT receivers. Jabra BT 250 audio headsets. Welltech 40032/AF32 BT handsfree audio. Copilot 6.0.4.110. TomTom Navigator 5.21. MS Autoroute/Pocket Streets 2005
Robin2
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you go to the download page for the desktop patch there is a link at the bottom which explains how to get wave and TTS to change inside the PDA. Basically, you have to delete the Speech folder inside the Copilot directory and paste the one from the patched desktop installation. I did it and you can choose between American, Australian and UK English. I'd like to get rid of the American and Australian to reduce the memory requirement. They all work though, and as Ponderous says, I was not able to change this without reloading CoPilot using 6.0.0.68
Robin
Plus a lot of other PDA GPS kit, seldom used
PONDEROUS
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robin2 says:

Quote:
as Ponderous says, I was not able to change this without reloading CoPilot using 6.0.0.68

I think this must be his diplomatic way of asking me "are you sure"? regarding 6.0.0.77, and he was right to raise the issue. I had assumed that he wrote that one could switch voices, rather than from TTS to recorded voice files when what he clearly wrote was the latter.

My apologies.

Clearly, the answer to my earlier question is "yes, there are worthwhile changes to CP 6 in the patch". Hopefully, there are more.
Dell Axims X50v & X30 (both WM 2003 2nd Edition). Copilot BTGPS3 and Fortuna Clip-on BT receivers. Jabra BT 250 audio headsets. Welltech 40032/AF32 BT handsfree audio. Copilot 6.0.4.110. TomTom Navigator 5.21. MS Autoroute/Pocket Streets 2005
dpdurst
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The US patch is 6.0.1.22 for the desktop and same for PPC, however when the desktop patch is loaded its really 6.0.1.24 from what I can find. The US PPC patch fixes an issue I reported in December with the routing algorythm for advanced not working correctly and not keeping the settings based on the road speeds and such. I have tested this this morning after the patch and this part is working now correctly. The other change for the US I found was the WAV / TTS change within the program. I have not found any other fixes yet. I have asked CP for a fix list on both (not that I'll get it). But at least for the US version the routing appears to be fixed.
dpdurst
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dpdurst wrote:
The US patch is 6.0.1.22 for the desktop and same for PPC, however when the desktop patch is loaded its really 6.0.1.24 from what I can find. The US PPC patch fixes an issue I reported in December with the routing algorythm for advanced not working correctly and not keeping the settings based on the road speeds and such. I have tested this this morning after the patch and this part is working now correctly. The other change for the US I found was the WAV / TTS change within the program. I have not found any other fixes yet. I have asked CP for a fix list on both (not that I'll get it). But at least for the US version the routing appears to be fixed.

I also forgot to add it appears the keyboard issue I mentioned to them as well is fixed.
Schouten
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does the Point of Interest Notification for Cameras still stay on for 30 seconds? ALK assured me this would be fixed in this patch and the time shortened.

Eltel Rolling Eyes
Paul-m
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the poin warning is still 30 seconds and takes up the whole screen.

i even deleted all my POI's just to check.
PONDEROUS
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dpdurst writes that:

Quote:
… at least for the US version the routing appears to be fixed.

It was appropriate to add the caveat “for the US version”, as the UUK routing still needs a lot of work. My example of a route from Spalding to Aberdeen still goes through Newcastle upon Tyne in Shortest routing. In Quickest routing, it adds another 70 miles onto a journey of about 420 miles. This is apparently because the A1 is merely dual carriageway, while the roads it uses are full motorways. This example route was discussed earlier at the following link:

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=33581&start=0

One might argue that, having appeared on the US website only, this is a US version only. If so, presumably a UK version will follow shortly, as the routing in 6.0.1.22 is identical with the routing in UK versions 6.0.0.68 and 6.0.0.77, at least according to the above example. Until such a patch appears, it will be the old story, part of which is that the “Advanced” routing options are not a solution to Shortest routes that are nowhere near shortest and Quickest routes that are nowhere near quickest. That remains especially the case while there are no satisfactory route reviewing facilities in Copilot PPC (e.g. jump to any point on itinerary, snap to GPS position, show whole route, etc).

dpdurst also writes:

Quote:
… the keyboard issue I mentioned to them as well is fixed.

I apologise if dpdurst has described his keyboard issue on the forum, but I can’t find it. Presumably it is different from the keyboard problem discussed earlier on this thread, which has not been fully fixed.
tortexal
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone I dont mean to bring back a dead thread but i searched and didn't find much. Ever since i applied both patches (software and TTS) to my US version of copilot my text to speech doesnt say the exit number. for example "Turn right on exit" and it just stops and never says the exit number. has anyone else had this problem or know how to fix?
neil01
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tortexal wrote:
Hi everyone I dont mean to bring back a dead thread but i searched and didn't find much. Ever since i applied both patches (software and TTS) to my US version of copilot my text to speech doesnt say the exit number. for example "Turn right on exit" and it just stops and never says the exit number. has anyone else had this problem or know how to fix?

I may be missing something here, but my understanding is that only one patch should be applied. There is only one patch for the US version and only one for the UK version (possibly EU) - they just happen to have differennt version numbers.
tortexal
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes sorry, i patched the software on the pda and the desktop software. then i followed alk's instructions for copying over the PC's speech gfiles to the pda. after that the TTS doesnt say exit numbers like it used to

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: