Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - speed camera alerts
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

speed camera alerts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
markyhedgehog73
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:16 am    Post subject: speed camera alerts Reply with quote

hi guys,
have tried searching the forum but all it came up with is a vague quote about two files, one saying gatso 1, and the other saying gatso 2 to achieve two warnings before a speed camera, i downloaded the latest database and kept them as they are, then copied and pasted them to the the pc, and renamed each ov2 and bmp file so they did not have the same name as the originals, when i copied them back to the map folder they went on fine and didnt get the overwrite dialog box, but when it came to setting them up in tt5 it just showed the original ones which ive already programmed to alert me at various distances what am i doing wrong Confused
if someone could post a detailed summary of how to achieve the warn at say 600yrds then again at say 200yrds for the same camera i would be most grateful
tia mark
bedbug
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're not running out of POI capacity are you? I think there's a limit of about 47 individual POI files - but someone here will know the exact quantity.
bedbug
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew I was wrong! Laughing Out Loud

Just read here: http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=44064 that the limit is 39 POI files.
markyhedgehog73
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks bedbug that would account for it then as i am using the individual speed cam files instead of the all in one file.
i'll keep it as it is then Sad shame my registered copy of poi warner doesnt work on my pda with tt Rolling Eyes
thanks mate
JockTamsonsBairn
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

markyhedgehog73 wrote:
thanks bedbug that would account for it then as i am using the individual speed cam files instead of the all in one file.
i'll keep it as it is then Sad shame my registered copy of poi warner doesnt work on my pda with tt Rolling Eyes
thanks mate
You could add the SingleFile at the cost of only one additional POI & get an extra warning for every camera.

TomTom Go 940 LIVE (9.510, Europe v915.5074 on SD & 8.371, WCE v875.3613 on board)
markyhedgehog73
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thing is bfg i have altered the data.chk and tt.exe file to give me the actual speed check of each camera, which i like, not to worry though thanks for the input though matey Smile
all said and done though i may alter the poi file within tt will do ome searching on how to alter that! :D
many thanks
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark, I have been running with double warnings on my unit for some time, download and install the SpeedZoned set-up, configure this for the 600 Yards warning (I use figures based on time, which you can convert to yards - 1027 Yards = 30 Seconds @ 70MPH).
The download and install the Speed Camera database "consolidated by type", You will need to re-name the following files:

pocketgps_uk_redlight.bmp
pocketgps_uk_redlight.ov2
pocketgps_uk_temp.bmp
pocketgps_uk_temp.ov2

I simply change them by adding _1 to the end of the file name so:
pocketgps_uk_redlight.bmp would be pocketgps_uk_redlight_1.bmp

Install these files and configure them for the 200 Yard alert, if you have used POIExtend there are sufficiant warnings to cater for this type of install - Mike
markyhedgehog73
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for that post Mike, what an excellent simple solution Embarassed i've been racking my brains with checkpoint and poi warner, none of which work on my pda with tt
thanks ever so much you're a gud un :D

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: