Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom mobile on WM2005 smartphone
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom mobile on WM2005 smartphone

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fingery
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:20 pm    Post subject: TomTom mobile on WM2005 smartphone Reply with quote

Hi guys,

I've sold the PDA and now have a shiny new HTC Mteor Windows Mobile 2005 smartphone. I never thought TomTom might not be supported but it looks like i might struggle.

Has anyone bitten the bullet and successfully installed TomTom on a WM2005 smartphone? I'm loathed to buy in advance as everything i've seen seems to suggest it may be hit and miss if it works or not Confused

If it's unsupported/won't work does it look like it'll be supported soon? I've checked the compatibility list on the TomTom site but tbh it looks unlikely Sad

Chris
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are beta testing a version of TomTom Mobile that works on WM 5 Smartphone. But it is not publicly available. Don't hold your breath as to when that might happen. Smartphone is not a priority for TomTom.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
evo99
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have it installed on a windows mobile 5 smartphone, the SPV C600. Working perfect. You need the latest version, 5.20.
fingery
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers for the replies guys. I've decided to buy but from what i've found it's madness.

You can only get TTM5 in a bundle with GPS receiver and memory card; neither of which are any good to me. I've already got a bluetooth receiver and my phone takes a Micro SD card so the mini SD supplied is no use either :x Unless i can get software only i'm not buying as i don't need any of the hardware!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: