Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - KNA-G520 or GVN52
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

KNA-G520 or GVN52
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Handheld GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
acot
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

had a look yesterday at the new BT100 and i looks like it's the kind of thing that will complete the unit, but it will only work on the new DDX6029
http://www.kenwood-electronics.co.uk/products/ListProduct.aspx?k1=2&k2=8&k3=57&pr=2275, not my 8027 which i have now, so guess what, yes i ordered one should have it by friday :D . the only diff is that it does not have the 5.1 on it, but for me it's a better looking unit too, a lot cleaner than my 8027, their seems to be a lot of wasted buttons on the 8027 whereas the 6029 has only whats needed the gui may not be quiet as good but i run it with the satnav screen up anyway, for the cams, roll on friday :D .

The BT100 is not due untill end of summer

I used to have a car-pc setup but found it to be too tempramental/crap, too much stuff to go wrong, this new kenwood gear does it all, radio,mp3,dvd,video,satnav and phone soon and it all works without having to fiddle around for hours Laughing , i think it's the bees-knees.

Andy
acot
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and yes the 2720 manual is the same.

Andy
Tosty
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Andy. Enjoy your new(er) toy!
Tosty
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I finally ordered my DDX6029 + KNA-G520. Installed it at the weekend and all seems well. Blew a fuse which caused all sorts of problems, but aside from that it was pretty easy to install. Just the problem of where to hide everything. Having sold my nuvi a couple of months ago it is nice to regain the familiar nuvi style interface. In fact I wish the nuvi had the g520 interface as it has many more options.

Anyway, I've only had 1 test drive, but overall I am very impressed with the whole screen/gps setup. Highly recommended. And of course the kids enjoy watching dvd's in the car! Just waiting for the bluetooth phone module now.

Regards

Tosty.
workingcars
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, i have the kvc627 head unit with the 520 as well, i didn;t have any problems with the update to version 2.90 but after i loaded the cameras it satrted going haywire. don't know wether it was the unit or the software, but it has been replaced for me, and i have done the update again with no problems, just gonna give the uit a few days with the update before i do cameras again, that way i'll know it it did corrupt... Laughing Out Loud

it is an awesome unit when you put the 2 together and i have been waiting for a while for the bt100 to come along, BUT there seems to be some major issues with it, hence the launch has now been put back till october, and i have now been told by a kenwood rep that there is only 1 unit that will work with it, the latest double din....!!! Absolutely ridiculous...
Tosty
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

Just completed first trip away. From St Malo port to Euro Disney (and back!). Aside from checking into the local ferry and then realising the ipod had erased all the songs (previously removed the cds from the car!) it all worked flawlessly. Need to add a roof screen for any future trips. Very impressed with the sat tracking even going through southern Paris with several lane changes and a few tunnels, we didn't have any real problems. Dispensed with the paper instructions after a while and just looked/listened to what the unit said. Saw several cars with "nasty" looking windscreen mounting sat nav efforts. Much prefer the built in look!

Regards

Tosty.
Hammer2006
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is anybody else having problems with the latest (oct) pgpsw camera download on the kna-g520 ????
Only had my unit a couple of days and since ive put the cameras on today it goes haywire near a camera and drops the signal Confused

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Handheld GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: