Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Spoken POI alerts for TomTom GO, Mobile, PocketPC and Palm
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Spoken POI alerts for TomTom GO, Mobile, PocketPC and Palm
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 71, 72, 73  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oldfogy
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The other link is http://www.tomtomsatnav.info/realvoice.html

This will allow you to make your own sound menu.
Wing1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:47 am    Post subject: Alerts on Rider Reply with quote

Hi All
Has anybody got Ray`s spoken alerts working on a Rider with Ver 6.15 ?
I also have a TT one with 6.15 and have no problems.

Con

---------------------
TT one Vers 6.15
TT Rider Vers 6.15
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply Oldboy. I think you're probably right, I'm gonna have to wait for a version 6.15 update from Ray.

One more thing, I've just upgraded to version 6.15 from 6.14 - would I have to download the 6.15 set of PGPSW POI voices and install that instead of the set to go with version 6.14? Or should I leave well alone?

If I do need the 6.15 set of POI voices, could you spell out for me in very simple terms how to go about replacing the 6.14 set pretty please? Not Worthy

Thank you. I'm still getting lost around here now and then but it's great to have all this support First
Menenlily
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I mean Oldfogy Stop it!
oldfogy
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Menenlily wrote:
One more thing, I've just upgraded to version 6.15 from 6.14 - would I have to download the 6.15 set of PGPSW POI voices and install that instead of the set to go with version 6.14?

No, the 6.14 voices worked Ok for me when I went from 6.14 to 6.15 without any problem.
However, you will probably have to re-set the sounds for the speed camera warnings. (I did)
MickeyM
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:50 am    Post subject: Speed Camera voices Reply with quote

I have upgraded my classic to 6.150 but have lost voices for Gatso,Redlight,etc, have installed PGPS 7120 data.chk and renamed data.chk, made the first one olddata.chk but still no voices have downloaded 7120 several times in case download was courupt. App:6.150 (7120/060801) OS:1222 Map V571.0, any help please. Mike.
tyketriker
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just upgraded my Rider to 6.150 7120/060801 from the Tomtom site.

This has all the stuff we've been moaning about (including support for my mobile that less than a month ago they wouldn't talk about).

It also then let's you connect to your computer and use the computer interface to do pre=planning.

Great, BUT, when I downloaded the new 'voice warning' file for this version = nothing.

Another weird thing = when using the computer as the interface the version is coming up as 6.100 7000/040301.

Anyone know what's going on please?
oldfogy
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tyketriker wrote:
Just upgraded my Rider to 6.150 7120/060801 from the Tomtom site.
Anyone know what's going on please?

I don't mean to be rude etc especially as a new comer to the forum, but as you will see this is page 55.
The same points have been raised that many times it's beyond belief.

I'm sure if you look back at some of the other posts you will get all the answers you want.
tyketriker
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just been invesigating further.

If the Rider is used on it's own then the voice warnings work (with a couple missing).

It seems the problem is with the computer side of the upgrade, that is, the computer interface software is still the earlier version. I haven't tried installing the associated voice file for the computer side.
MagicMax
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:59 pm    Post subject: Neat Stuff Reply with quote

This is great compared to the horrible alerts provided by default.

I have tried to change these alerts in TTM 5 without success myself using tools like viftool and poi-soundpatch-0.3.12 which purport to being able to do this without success.

The data.chk file just produces all of the same files as the voice files but no alert files.

The reason I wanted to do this was to have a spoken warning of a speed camera but to also have a spoken alert for other POIs such as Heritage Sites.

I won't be using your file as all the alerts refer to speed cameras but nice one anyway.

Max
neil01
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you create your own files as per:

http://www.tomtomsatnav.info/poiw.html

It is possible to save any existing sounds before you add the voices.

These saved sounds can be added back in, occupying the blank slots as required, just give them an appropriate name, they will be offered in the list of available sounds.

However, if I were wanting to have other sounds, I would probably find something better than TomTom's standard offering, and use them instead.
Mullet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Neat Stuff Reply with quote

MagicMax wrote:

The reason I wanted to do this was to have a spoken warning of a speed camera but to also have a spoken alert for other POIs such as Heritage Sites.

I won't be using your file as all the alerts refer to speed cameras but nice one anyway.

Max

You can create any spoken alert you choose with a TTS engine and a wave editor. The result can then be combined with Rays spoken camera alerts data.chk within POIExtend. The result will give you the speed camera alerts and whatever alerts you want for your POIs.
skylachief
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:37 pm    Post subject: Version 6.150 Reply with quote

Hi,
I have just purchased a TomTom Go 700 and subscribed to your site for the Camera database only to find out that it will not work do you have a fix for the new version 6.150 it just seems a shame to through money away.
Leaving it with you

looking for a reply
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't say in which way it doesn't work. It helps us you help you, if you give us all the facts.Smile

Can you go through what you have done (tried to do), and any error messages you may have had.;)

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
mysticalmac
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:30 am    Post subject: Grrrrrrrr Reply with quote

i downloaded these voices and they seem to be mixed up,
I allocated them as instructed they are all there but it seems to think when i am in a 30mph zone the it should tell me its 60mph, has anyone else come across this or has anyone any idea whats going on.
Allan

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 71, 72, 73  Next
Page 55 of 73

Jump to: