Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - navman 510 camera support
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

navman 510 camera support

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pres
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:57 pm    Post subject: navman 510 camera support Reply with quote

I posted a note saying I could not get the camera prog to work . Someone replied that the 510 is not supported. I think I should have saved the messages as i can't find the name of the person .Hovever I visited navman-europe .com and it says that if the software supplied is v3.0 it is supported and gives the same procedure as I used to do so.Properties show the info on the memory card but it does not download with the maps etc, By the way do I have to save messages on recieving replies johnl
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you click on your own profile you will then be able to get a list of all of your posts. I have done that and I cannot see any where somebody has said that this sat nav in not supported.

If you now click on speed cameras in the box in the members area in the left a new screen will open. Scroll down past the map and you will see a list of sat nav units, including yours. Click on it and up will pop comprehesive instructions as to how to download and install.

Try them and if you are still having difficulty come back and give us some details of what you did and what happened as a result. We can't help you much if you just say "its not working". You need to tell us why and when it stops.
Copilot for USA
Bury CC9060 bluetooth car kit & Brodit mount
JockTamsonsBairn
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:28 pm    Post subject: Re: navman 510 camera support Reply with quote

pres wrote:
I posted a note saying I could not get the camera prog to work . Someone replied that the 510 is not supported. I think I should have saved the messages as i can't find the name of the person .Hovever I visited navman-europe .com and it says that if the software supplied is v3.0 it is supported and gives the same procedure as I used to do so.Properties show the info on the memory card but it does not download with the maps etc, By the way do I have to save messages on recieving replies johnl
The information that you were previously pointed to in this thread suggests that V3 is supported.
peterc10 wrote:
Try them and if you are still having difficulty come back and give us some details of what you did and what happened as a result. We can't help you much if you just say "its not working". You need to tell us why and when it stops.
As Peter says, let us know at what point things go wrong.

By the way,
pres wrote:
Having been a new member for several weeks ... a mere 226 days of subscription left
Something doesn't add up Exclamation Question

TomTom Go 940 LIVE (9.510, Europe v915.5074 on SD & 8.371, WCE v875.3613 on board)
pres
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for info on finding my way round the site. I have followed the instructions as laid out for v.30 software,and have the info on the memory card.
when I open the device the maps etc download from the card to the screen,but no camera info appear in the POI . and there is no indication of cameras when out on the road. Is there something I am failing to do to activate it before a journey ? the cameras are on the memory card as I have checked using properties
john
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cameras normally install to the device, I think. Can you use windows explorer to ascertain exactly what directory they are in, please, and what file exensions they have?
NedKelly
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like Tim says, install the poi's to the Navman's internal memory not to the SD card.[/b]

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: