Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Puzzled..Need help Please with GPS-9819
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Puzzled..Need help Please with GPS-9819

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Advanced GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jgarrett
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 1:54 pm    Post subject: Puzzled..Need help Please with GPS-9819 Reply with quote

I have a Leadtek GPS-9819 connected to a Ipaq 3835 PPC. When I first connected it to the PPC it worked fine for about a day. Only problem at that time was the COM 1 would go away and I would have to reset the PPC to get it back. I powered it up and down several times during the day while I tested it on the road. NOW it will not connect!!! Navigator says it is working fine. Only strange thing is that it connects immediatly with no lag time. But it works because I can walk around and see the data change.
When I connect the GPS-9819 to a PC it also shows it is working(using Navigator).
When I try to connect to the PPC, it says initalizing and the "No GPS found". I am using DeLorme Pocket Streets. I have also installed Microsoft Pocket Streets and it says it is recieving data but it is not in the correct format. When I shut it down from the car, I turned the PPC off first and then unpluged the power plug (cigar lighter). I have uninstalled and reinstalled both software programs and hardware reset the GPS back to (cold start init). Did not try reset back to "factory"..
Can someone offer any suggestions as to what my problem may be???
PLEASE!!!!
jgarrett
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the private e-mail tip!!!. Every thing works fine now.
Julian
Bimbalas
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry for bumping, but it looks like I've got the same problem as jgarrett had before. Leadtek GPS-9819 is not found on the Airboard 4000 Pocket PC.

I'd be glad for any ideas and tips.
timber
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 5:54 pm    Post subject: private e-mail tip!!!. Reply with quote

jgarrett wrote:
Thanks for the private e-mail tip!!!. Every thing works fine now.
Julian

Julian,
its not down to you but i am of the opinion that if a question is asked on the forum then the reply should be posted here also.
I'm glad you have got your problem sorted but as you can see others are in a similar position hopefully the member who responded will make his knowledge known to others.
jgarrett
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree,but the answer to my problem did not come form anyone on the board..I found out I had to go into Navigator to set my baud rate to 4800. The GPS software would not change the baud rate even though it said it did. Once I set it using Navigator it worked fine.
Hope this helps'
Julian
Bimbalas
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, jgarrett, for the reply. I tried every possible baud rate with no positive results. One day it worked fine, and the next day, after an hour of work, gps device is not found... Sometimes it comes back for a sec, but again- after some time it's not found. It's too bad I've got no PC cable, to check GPS device with it.

Oh well, got to dig in some more...
jgarrett
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you using the GPS-9819 ???? If you are mine had a PS2 serial connector and I used a Serial to USB adapter to get to the Interface on my PC. The only way I could set the baud rate was thru Navigator..The GPs maping software said it changed it but it didn't. If you can connect it to your PC at least you can check to see if it is working correctly. I know mine still locks up the Comm. Port on my PDA every once and a while and I have to do a hard reset to get it back on. Good Luck.
Julian

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Advanced GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: