Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - GPS software 2.60 for 60CSx
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

GPS software 2.60 for 60CSx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Handheld GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RS
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:58 pm    Post subject: GPS software 2.60 for 60CSx Reply with quote

Following the recent release of device software 2.90, Garmin have now released GPS (receiver) software 2.60. I have seen no reports of any problems over installing this, and had none myself. American users report that it resolves WAAS reception problems that had been widely recognised. I have not identified any impact on EGNOS in the UK. However, I can report that I have done careful before-and-after experiments involving long railway tunnels, and it has resolved the problem that with WAAS/EGNOS enabled, loss of signal could be recovered only by switching the device off and on again.
missing_user

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 6:35 pm    Post subject: Re: GPS software 2.60 for 60CSx Reply with quote

RS wrote:
Following the recent release of device software 2.90, Garmin have now released GPS (receiver) software 2.60. I have seen no reports of any problems over installing this, and had none myself. American users report that it resolves WAAS reception problems that had been widely recognised. I have not identified any impact on EGNOS in the UK. However, I can report that I have done careful before-and-after experiments involving long railway tunnels, and it has resolved the problem that with WAAS/EGNOS enabled, loss of signal could be recovered only by switching the device off and on again.

Please give more detail on this.
I cannot find released GPS (receiver)software 2.60
Thank you.
ernieb
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Strumble,

You can only download the GPS receiver software using the Garmin WebUpdater. It does not appear in any of the other Garmin web pages that I can see.

I have used the WebUpdater and now run Software version 2.9 and GPS Software version 2.6.

It all seems to work OK.

Cheers

ernieb
missing_user

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ernieb
Thanks for that.
It was a pain having to switch off, then on, to regain a lost signal.
I hope the update will cure that.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Handheld GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: