Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navman ICN 530
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navman ICN 530
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gilfilb
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Myles1
Where/how do I access this root directory and where/how do I move the files?
(be gentle with me now)
myles1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I presume you haveMicrosoft Active sync installed which fires up usually when you connect the device. If not, you may be able to go into 'my computer' anyway.

In 'my computer', you will see your C: drive etc, and then something called 'my mobile device'. Right click on 'my mobile device' and click explore, or just double click on it. You can then 'explore' the directories on the NAVMAN. Have a look around and if you find your files, which will be a .bm, .map and .ini all together, then you copy/cut (right click on the files and click copy or cut) and then click on the folders until you get to MYFLASHDRIVE/NAVMAN/LIGHTNING/NAVMAN/MYPOI. Right click and paste the files into that folder.

I did not have a MYPOI folder so I created one by right clicking and adding a new folder in MYFLASHDRIVE/NAVMAN/LIGHTNING/NAVMAN/ calling it MYPOI. Then I moved the files there and it worked fine.

Hope this helps.

Regards
gilfilb
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:39 pm    Post subject: ICN 530 Reply with quote

Myles1 ...
You are my complete hero!
Fantastic well explained advice
GILFILB is now cooking with gas (and will be able to spot cameras!)
Many thanks
jak68
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have tried doing this and for some reason there is no ini file getting transferred over to my 530
myles1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you transfer the files over, you should at least see a .bm and .map file. which matches the POI name. Do you see this? If so, try putting them in the MYPOI directory as laid out above and see if that works. If however you cannot find any of the files then it is possible that your firewall is blocking the software or file transfer. Try checking the permitted applications list and see whether microsoftactive sync or smartv3 is blocked. Otherwise go through the instructions on this site line by line. It does work!
jak68
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

:D yes i have transferred over a .bm fil and a .map file and it shows up on the 530 , what does the .ini file do Question
myles1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just tried to post a reply. Here is my .ini file for a custom poi called RF.map

Assuming you have the files in the MYPOI directory it could be an error with the site you are using. Try the speed cams at www.alertegps.com for France. Go to telechargement and try. If these don't work then you are either not following the instructions exactly or have a dodgy Navman!

[RF]
enabled=1
active=1
distance=1000
visualwarning=1
soundwarning=1
Der
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all, just a very quick one. I've just read all this forum before downloading but I had no trouble at all with it! I'm a total idiot on a pc so I must be one of the lucky owners that the unit works :D All thats left to do is try it out at lunch time but all the info's there...
A18BAU
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:55 pm    Post subject: icn 530 Reply with quote

Same as above, my worked without any probs, just had a long weekend from East-Sussex to The Gower got all the camera 8) but only alert me when i was right on it. Embarassed
good luck.
alb
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:25 am    Post subject: Re: icn 530 Reply with quote

A18BAU wrote:
Same as above, my worked without any probs, just had a long weekend from East-Sussex to The Gower got all the camera 8) but only alert me when i was right on it. Embarassed
good luck.
alb

Try setting the distance to 1500' as 150' is nowhere near enough.
Der
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me again. Fantastic bit of kit. shows a mobile speed trap when I sit on my drive, wish I'd known that last week! (fine in the post 8O Crying or Very sad [just moved!!] Laughing ) this is my 1st GPS so can't compare but so far so good.. I have noticed that my position on the road is correct but the house No's are out by around 30 yrds, not a problem for me but thought I'd mention it.
jak68
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

:D I have done as myles1 has said and has worked ok, does anyone know when Navman are sorting this problem out ? Confused

myles1 wrote:
I presume you haveMicrosoft Active sync installed which fires up usually when you connect the device. If not, you may be able to go into 'my computer' anyway.

In 'my computer', you will see your C: drive etc, and then something called 'my mobile device'. Right click on 'my mobile device' and click explore, or just double click on it. You can then 'explore' the directories on the NAVMAN. Have a look around and if you find your files, which will be a .bm, .map and .ini all together, then you copy/cut (right click on the files and click copy or cut) and then click on the folders until you get to MYFLASHDRIVE/NAVMAN/LIGHTNING/NAVMAN/MYPOI. Right click and paste the files into that folder.

I did not have a MYPOI folder so I created one by right clicking and adding a new folder in MYFLASHDRIVE/NAVMAN/LIGHTNING/NAVMAN/ calling it MYPOI. Then I moved the files there and it worked fine.

Hope this helps.

Regards
myles1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to be of help. Does this mean that the 'powers that be' might upgrade me from a 'beginner'??!!
myles1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess not!

Myles1

'The Beginner are not always what they seem'
zzf00l
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

myles1 wrote:

Hope this helps.

Regards

Hmmm I have managed to get the files off my PC and onto my icn in the directory suggested but still can't find any sign of them in my POI (cashpoints, etc but nothing as useful as Speed cams)

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: