Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navman ICN 530
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navman ICN 530
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gilfilb
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 3:08 pm    Post subject: ICN 530 Reply with quote

Interestingly, my product supplier (Handtec) advise that "the camera download for Icn 530 is not yet configured correctly". This could explain why so many are having difficulty but not why some people have been able to download it!
Suggest we call in Miss Marple!
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting. I wonder where they got that from, as I download my database from the same place on this site as everyone else.
italiastar
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm seriously considering this unit. I have a Garmin I3 which is great, but European maps are £90 a country. I like TT700, but it is just far too big in my view. Can someone who owns this give me an unbiased view - ie Yes or NO.

I've heard that the mapping isn't clear, volume not hight enough and sensitivity not too cleaver - ie you arrive at destination when the 530 still thinks your down the road. Are any of these reports true or are they just RTFM Errors?

Thank you in advance,
jak68
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

has anyone had any joy yet with Navman support Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
kentishrambler
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

8) Had a reply to night, real fast reply that. No fix or patch can I resubmit my request. FFS.

I do manage to download normally but this is puzzling I do everything per instructions, printed them off still zilch.

That makes this unfriendly because it appears I am not alone. Great for moddies who have downloaded but the rest of us??

At moment think subscribing was waste of money.

Regards
Nick
kentishrambler
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

8) Well tried again tells me on POI editor "Unknown file type".

So anyone who has been successful want to email me the files or an answer.

Regards
Nick
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Unknown file type" is generally displayed when the file hasn't been unzipped before opening it in the Navman POIEditor.
myles1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:56 pm    Post subject: Navman ICN 530 Reply with quote

Tim,

I am still searching for a solution to the problem that the 530 plays the default.wav file to alert a custom POI. My ini file specifies as follows

soundfile=default.wav

However changing this to another wav in the windows directory does not work. Either the syntax is incorrect or the line is ignored. There must be a line which works, the question is finding it. Any ideas?

I have emailed Navman tech support and so far three emails remain unanswered.

Regards
kentishrambler
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

8) As per earlier reply have zipped, unzipped. Still no joy.
Thanks
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Navman ICN 530 Reply with quote

myles1 wrote:
Tim,

I am still searching for a solution to the problem that the 530 plays the default.wav file to alert a custom POI. My ini file specifies as follows

soundfile=default.wav

However changing this to another wav in the windows directory does not work. Either the syntax is incorrect or the line is ignored. There must be a line which works, the question is finding it. Any ideas?

I have emailed Navman tech support and so far three emails remain unanswered.

Regards

I don't have that line in my .ini files, so I'm afraid I can't help you. I can only repeat that a friend within Navman advised me that the default sound couldn't be changed. Crying or Very sad
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kentishrambler wrote:
8) As per earlier reply have zipped, unzipped. Still no joy.
Thanks

Can you open the .asc file in Notepad and copy the first line to here, please?
gilfilb
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a man on a mission now...!
Are the successful downloaders using an SD card? I'm not, at the moment, as I don't need too many of the maps at present.
I've seen references to the fact that the apparently successful camera downloads are possibly held in the "root directory" of the 530 and so therefore are in the device but not displaying under MyPOI files.
It would appear possible to fiddle with the memory/files of an SD card but how do you access the built in memory on the machine?
For the record and on numerous occasions, I have reset the device, reinstalled software, updated the device with the service pack and tried all versions of the camera downloads including other formats (worth a try anyway) and still no joy. Unless I get advice to the contrary, i guess my next step (prior to a large hammer) will be to acquire a card and try that route.
Any further help though would be gratefully received!! Evil or Very Mad
jak68
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still in the same situation as you gilfilb, I have tried various ways of trying to download the files, the files are there somewhere on the 530 but nothing is showing up, and as for navman support, I emailed them a week ago and still not any kind of response apart from acknowledgement of my enquiry, I am tempted just to go back to using my 520 Sad Evil or Very Mad :x Evil or Very Mad :x Sad Angry
myles1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:27 pm    Post subject: NAVMAN 530 CUSTOM POI SOUND PATCH Reply with quote

I have an answer from Navman. After 5 unsuccessful attempts, I spoke to a very helpful young scottish lady called Gail. She knew exactly the problem and the fact that many clients had reported it. Navman are working on a patch that SHOULD be available in the next couple of weeks via the Navman site - in any event she has offered to email me when the patch is available. I will post details here if I get it.

As regards the successful download of custom POI, I do not use an SD card. When using SMARTV3, the files went automatically to the root directory of 'my mobile device' and I manually moved the files (*.bm, *.ini, *.map) to MYFLASHDRIVE\NAVMAN\LIGHTNING\NAVMAN\MYPOI
Once in this directory, I unplugged the USB and they were available under the mypoi section of my NAVMAN 530 and worked fine.

Regards
myles1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:29 pm    Post subject: LAST POST - ADDENDUM Reply with quote

In case it is not obvious, the above first paragraph refers to the fact that the default alert sound file cannot be changed.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: